Social Studies - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take Social Studies
- as a Major (90 ECTS) combined with a Minor
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
Social Studies can be studied either in connection with a non-teaching career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects for each teaching position.
It is not possible to combine Social Studies and Politics-Economics as a Dual-subject Bachelor.
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
This is an open admissions degree course, and application is only possible in the winter semester.
The application deadline for the winter semester is 15 October.
If applicable, the application deadline depends on the first subject, if it is admission restricted.
International applicants: There are different application procedures.