All questions concerning your studies:
Protestant Theology and Religious Education - Master of Education Programme (Gymnasium)
You want to apply for a Master of Education Programme (Gymnasium) in Protestant Theology and Religious Education.
Most important points
- The study course is admission free.
- Application for beginning students is not possible in summer semester.
Special admission requirements
- A bachelor's degree or a similar qualification in the subjects for which admission to the master's degree programme is applied for
- Combination of subjects according to the current Regulations for Master’s Degrees for teachers in Lower Saxony (Nds. MasterVO-Lehr)
- In both subjects a total of at least 90 credit points in modules related to the teaching profession, of which at least 30 credit points per subject
- for a subject combination with French, Geography or Spanish, at least 60 credit points in each of these subjects, of which at least 54 credit points are in the scientific component and at least 6 credit points in the didactics component.
- A minimum of 12 credits in teaching-related educational sciences
- Successfully completed general school internship and successfully completed extracurricular internship - totalling at least 8 weeks
Note for external applicants (Bachelor's degree from a university other than the University of Oldenburg):
- at least 180 credits according to the grade certificate at the time of application
- with less than 180 credits, the sum of Bachelor's credits still missing and requirements determined may not exceed 30 credits