Course of study
- Duration: 4 semesters
- Degree Award: Master of Education
- Language: German
- admission free
- Special admission requirements
Course of study
Dutch - Master of Education Programme (Vocational and Business Education)
In the Master of Education (Business education) degree programme, you will earn 120 credit points during four semesters. The curriculum includes subject and teaching method content in your teaching subject (45 credit points) and economics-related content (27 credit points). In the area of specialization, you will study vocation and economics-related content (12 credit points), complete practical training (6 credit points) and conduct a research project (6 credit points). At the end of the degree programme, you will follow the Masterabschlussmodul (21 credit points) and the Abschlusskolloquium (3 credit points).
- Strength in education: Over 40% of students at the University of Oldenburg are studying for a teaching degree
- Strength in research: Final papers can be integrated into research projects in the research focus teaching, learning and qualification research; there are options for the funding of student research projects and PhD opportunities via the Anna-Magull Foundation
- Strength in mentoring: In practical courses and seminars
German Language Proficiency
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2) or
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
English Language Proficiency see admissions regulations
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) Level B1 or
- if applicants are native speaker or they have university entrance qualification or a university degree obtained in English
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possibilities see: Language requirements
The degree programme is also excellent preparation for teaching positions in companies, non-state training and development institutions, personnel development, training, HR and knowledge management.
In addition, graduates can also work in vocational education research at universities, government research institutes, local government and private vocational education research and development institutes.
- A bachelor's degree or a similar qualification in the subjects required for the admission to the master's degree programme
- Combination of subjects according to the regulations for Master's degrees for teachers in Lower Saxony (Nds. MasterVO) in the currently valid version
- At least 66 credit points in economics, of which at least 5 credit points in didactics/teaching
- At least 12 credit points in the teaching subject, of which at least 5 credit points in didactics/teaching
- At least 18 credit points in vocational and business education
- Successfully completed practical training in a school
- You must provide evidence of English language proficiency
The minimum requirements for English language proficiency are:
- School certificate: Proof of English study at school for four years or three years, if studied as part of a university entry qualification. At least the German grade 4 (ausreichend, sufficient) or 5 in the last two years of language classes
- Language proficiency: Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) Level B1.
This is an open admissions degree course. Application is only possible in the winter semester for 1st and higher semester.
The application deadline for the winter semester is 15th August.
Only for higher semester: The application deadline for the summer semester is 15th February