Lower Saxony Scholarship
The application period for Niedersachsen Scholarships for the winter semester 2019/2020 will start on October 1 and end on October 31, 2019.
Since 2009 the University of Oldenburg has been awarding the “Landesstipendium Niedersachsen” (Lower Saxony Scholarship) at the beginning of each winter semester. This tradition was initiated through a scholarship program issued by the Lower Saxony Ministry for Science and Culture. The aim of the “Landesstipendium” is to support talented students in their studies and to publicly acknowledge their achievements.
According to § 3, par. 1, sent. 1, no. 8 of the Niedersächisches Hochschulgesetzt (NHG), the “Landesstipendium Niedersachsen” is an individual one-time scholarship of 500.00 € to be awarded to undergraduate and consecutive master students based on special achievements, special qualifications, and social aspects.
Applications may be submitted by students who are enrolled at least in their second university semester in
- an undergraduate degree program within the standard period of study (or a maximum of two terms above)
- a consecutive Master's program within the standard period of study (or a maximum of one term above)
and (Master or Bachelor students)
- who have earned at least 75% of the credit points they ought to have earned, according to the standard period of study, in the semester preceding the application (e.g. 3*(120/4)*0,75 = 67,5 CP in the 3. semester of a 4-semester master's programm worth 120 CP).
For information on which documents are to be submitted with an application, please refer to the online application form in Stud.IP.
As part of the review procedure, a ranking based on the grade point average of applicants is compiled. Additionally, if applicable, the following personal conditions are taken into account:
- difficult starting and working conditions for studying due to refugee status
- first-generation academic (parents do not hold a university or an equivalent educational degree)
- taking care of one's own children up to the age of 12
- coming from a family with more than three children
- currently active academic and/or student self-administration (no older than 12 months)
- voluntary social, local, extracurricular commitments (no older than 12 months)
Excluded from this scholarship are international students who already hold a scholarship in accordance with the scholarship program for foreign students “Oldenburger Modell” (STOM), and students who already receive funding through other grants.
For the time being, the application and selection process follows the following pattern:
- Applications are accepted only during the application period (see on the right).
- An application is possible only online via Stud.IP. Sign in with your access data. You will find the online application following these steps: Campus > Zuschüsse/Stipendien > Landesstipendium.
- After the application deadline all applications are examined by the Servicepoint Scholarships.
- A selection committee appointed by the university management chooses the scholarship recipients for the current semester.
- All applicants receive positive or negative notice.