Physics - Master of Education Programme (Gymnasium)
With the four-semester Master of Education (Gymnasium), you will continue your education to become a teacher - building on the dual-subject bachelor's degree programme. In the school-type based Master of Education programme, you will acquire extensive knowledge and experience in both educational science and school practice. You will broaden your curricular knowledge in the teaching subjects chosen.
The standard period of study for the Master of Education (Gymnasium) is four semesters.
The master's program, which consists of 120 credit points, is divided into the following studies:
- two teaching subjects in accordance with the Regulations on Master's Degrees for Teachers in Lower Saxony (MasterVO-Lehr) in the current version (30 credit points each),
- According to the subject combination regulations of the MasterVO-Lehr, a teaching subject can be studied in accordance with the cooperation agreement with other universities if it is not part of the study program offered by the University of Oldenburg,
- of educational sciences (18 credit points),
- practical phase (15 credit points),
- Master's thesis module (27 credit points)
- Strength in education: Over 40% of students at the University of Oldenburg are studying for a teaching degree
- Strength in research: Final papers can be integrated into research projects; special doctoral programme in teaching and learning research
- Strength in supervision: Intensive supervision through a network of experienced mentors in the practical phase
German Language Proficiency
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
Graduates can also work in private and religious schools, in private tutoring institutes or in schools in other countries. Completing the degree also qualifies students for PhD research.
- A bachelor's degree or a similar qualification in the subjects for which admission to the master's degree programme is applied for
- Combination of subjects according to the current Regulations for Master’s Degrees for teachers in Lower Saxony (Nds. MasterVO-Lehr)
- In both subjects a total of at least 90 credit points in modules related to the teaching profession, of which at least 30 credit points per subject
- for a subject combination with French, Geography or Spanish, at least 60 credit points in each of these subjects, of which at least 54 credit points are in the scientific component and at least 6 credit points in the didactics component.
- A minimum of 12 credits in teaching-related educational sciences
- Successfully completed general school internship and successfully completed extracurricular internship - totalling at least 8 weeks
Note for external applicants (Bachelor's degree from a university other than the University of Oldenburg):
- at least 180 credits according to the grade certificate at the time of application
- with less than 180 credits, the sum of Bachelor's credits still missing and requirements determined may not exceed 30 credits
This is an open admissions degree course. Application is only possible in the winter semester for 1st and higher semester.
The application deadline for the winter semester is 15th August.
Only for higher semester: The application deadline for the summer semester is 15th February