The Department of Economics belongs to the strongst research departments of economics in Germany. Measured by quality-adjusted publishing per professor Oldenburg ranks third in Germany. We are among the first 3.7% in Europe. (Source: P.-P. Combes & Linnemer, Where are the Economists Who Publish?, Journal of the European Economic Association 1 (2003), 1250-1308 (Table 12). [Download]
- "Umweltgüter und natürliche Ressourcen"
- Taxation, Distribution, Welfare
- "Regulierungsökonomie und Infrastrukturpolitik"
- Transformation processes in emerging economies
- Developments and comparisons of macroeconomic theories