Economic Education - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take Economic Education
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
Economic Education can be studied either in connection with a non-teaching career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects for each teaching position.
It is not possible to combine Economic Education and Politics-Economics as a Dual-subject Bachelor.
The curriculum includes components in economic and educational science. In addition to economic, this programme also includes aspects of other academic fields such as sociology, psychology, and political science. Within the scope of the didactic component of this programme, students gain competencies that equip them to select goals, teaching content, and learning concepts in order to plan, carry out, and evaluate as well as consider the position and development of economic education in a school context and society as a whole.
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
- Consumer advice and consumer protection
- Education and knowledge management and quality control in non-school organisations and educational institutions
- Company training and continuing education relating to the organisation and teaching of professional, business, and macroeconomic skills
- Publishing, print, radio, and television, as well as public relations agencies, and other fields that require an understanding of political and economic issues
- Public relations work in companies and other institutions
The application deadline for the winter semester is 15 October.
If applicable, the application deadline depends on the first subject, if it is admission restricted.