Erasmus+ student mobility
The SSC – Student Service Centre (A12) is closed to the public. Please send original documents by post or use the post box in building V01 (Poststelle), Ammerländer Heerstraße 118.
The International Office is in close contact with partner universities worldwide. Since information related to the Corona crisis is updated on a daily basis, students planning a stay abroad in 2021 should regularly check their university e-mail account.
Financial support for students studying abroad within the Erasmus+ programme is based on the different living costs in the programme countries. Starting from 2019, the following minimum student mobility for studies (SMS) grants will apply across Europe for the three groups of programme countries:
- Group 1 (EUR 450 per month): Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom.
- Group 2 (EUR 390 per month): Belgium, Germany, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus.
- Group 3 (EUR 330 per month): Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary.
Time spent studying abroad may also include Zero Grant periods. This means time spent studying abroad without receiving Eramus+ funding while maintaining Erasmus status. For more information on Erasmus+ funding for studying abroad, please contact us at the International Office (IO).
Financial support for staff mobility for teaching or training within the Erasmus+ programme is based on the different living costs in the target countries. Standard daily rates apply to funding from German universities.
From 2018 onwards, the following fixed daily allowances apply to Germany for the four groups of programme countries up to the 14th day of stay. From the 15th to the 60th day of stay the subsidy amounts to 70% of the daily allowance.
- Group 1 (Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom.): EUR 180 per day
- Group 2 (Belgium, Germany, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus.): EUR 160 per day
- Group 3 (Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary.): EUR 140 per day
Time spent abroad for staff mobility may include Zero Grant periods.This means time spent learning/working abroad without receiving Erasmus+ funding while maintaining Erasmus status. The International Office will provide more information based on your stay abroad.
The daily allowances are supplemented by a travel allowance based on real distances between the origin and destination, which are determined using the European Commission's Distance Calculator.
The following amounts will be reimbursed per stay depending on the distance:
- 0 km – 99 km: EUR 20
- 100 km - 499 km: EUR 180
- 500 km – 1.999 km: EUR 275
- 2,000 km – 2.999 km: EUR 360
- 3,000 km – 3.999 km: EUR 530
- 4,000 km – 7.999 km: EUR 820
- 8,000 km and more: EUR 1,300
The travel allowance calculated from this table according to the real distance refers to the entire journey (including the return trip).