Funding for Erasmus+ internships
For the time of the university's "emergency operations" due to the Corona crisis, you are welcome to meet us online in virtual meeting rooms:
- Tuesday from 10 a.m.–11 a.m.: Advice on stays abroad within Europe (Erasmus+)
- Thursday from 10 a.m.–11 a.m.: Advice on stays abroad outside Europe
In addition, you are welcome to contact us by e-mail. If you would like to call us, please send a German telephone number and we will call you back.
Erasmus+ offers students and graduates of all subjects the chance to apply for a scholarship for an internship abroad within the EU and other selected countries.
Duration: 2–12 months
Financial support: Partial scholarship
The complete application documents must be submitted at least six weeks before the start of the internship. Erasmus internship scholarships are awarded by the EU-Hochschulbüro Hannover.
- EU member states: Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Great Britain, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary and Cyprus,
- Candidate member: Turkey
- EEA countries: Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway
- Overseas territories of EU member states as well as: Greenland, New Caledonia and Dependencies, French Polynesia, French Southern and Antarctic Lands, Wallis and Futuna, Mayotte, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Aruba, Netherlands Antilles, Anguilla, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena, Ascension island, Tristan da Cunha, British Territory of Antarctica, British Indian Ocean Territory, Turks and Caicos Islands, British Virgin Islands and Réunion
- Cover letter from University of Oldenburg coordinator (International Office)
- Application form Erasmus+ (University Hannover)
- Learning agreement for traineeships (University Hannover)
- Enrolment certificate(s) or exmatriculation certificate and a copy of the diploma
- Proof of previous Erasmus funding (if applicable)
- Students (BA/MA/PhD)
- Graduates (BA/MA/PhD; funding after graduation is only possible, if the application for Erasmus+ has been submitted during the last year of study. The degree programme must be completed by the start of the internship.
- Self-organized full-time internship in a company, organization or social/cultural institution
- Internship closely related to studies and/or career objective and of a suitable level
- Transcultural nature of the internship
- Crediting of the internship and subject-related support from the university supervisor
- Funding will not be granted for the following organizations: European institutions, (diplomatic) representations and public institutions of the country of origin (e.g. German embassy). Neither will funding be granted for internships in companies that are involved in EU lobby work. Internships at universities will only be funded in exceptional cases.