Questions about SuRE / EMRE and application procedure
SuRE / EMRE (Core Oldenburg)
Sustainable Renewable Energy Technologies consists of lectures, seminars and laboratory courses at the University and an external practical training in relevant organisations, research institutes and companies.
The 24-month programme consists of four semesters.
- In the first semester (October to January), the core courses (including lectures, seminars, labs, and an excursion) provide a solid foundation in the scientific principles of all renewable energy technologies as well as the basics in energy economics and energy meteorology.
- In the second semester (April to July), you will deepen your knowledge in your chosen specialisation, sustainability of RE systems and RE systems labs.
- In the third semester (October to January), you will conduct an elaborate case study. A two-month external internship (in Germany or abroad) and an excursion through Germany will help you gain knowledge of real-life examples.
- The last semester (April to July) is dedicated to the final thesis project. The subject of the final thesis evolves from the participants' individual interest, the laboratory courses and experience gained during the external training, which should be related to the participants' future professional occupation.
After successful completion of all modules (incl. the module exams) and the six-month thesis project, students are awarded the MSc degree and receive certificates.
INFORMATION FOR ACCEPTED SuRE STUDENTS
In specific cases it may be possible to formally recognize the professional competences achieved in your previous RE professional career. Contact us for further information.
After finishing the programme, SuRE students should be able to
- critically analyse and discuss the role of Renewable Energy technologies in a climate and resource constrained energy sector
- explain different renewable energy technologies and its performance, covering the evaluation of Renewable Energy resources, principles of different conversion processes, characteristics of various materials, design of systems, performance of systems in operation as well as the use of models and tools for simulation and sizing
- explain and evaluate in depth the implementation of Renewable Energy for specific areas
- apply analytical research methodologies, including a reflective and critical approach to hands-on
- critically assess the principles of the socio-economic evaluation and sustainability of Renewable Energy technologies and the role of regulatory policy frameworks in the context of Renewable Energy, covering in particular developing countries
- apply scientific knowledge to a professional situation, as a reflective practitioner
- work in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team
- communicate in a clear and structured way in both oral and written format