How do I join?
Coordination: Daniela Rommel
Office hours: by appointment
New: Tandem matchings via database!
How to find your Tandem partner via database:
- Log onto stud.ip. If you don't have access to stud.ip, send an e-mail to email@example.com. You will get information about how to continue.
- Choose "Profil".
- Click at the top right "Meine Tandems". If you're not a student, you don't have this tab. You can still join by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select "Muttersprache/n verwalten". If your native language is not listed, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Select "Gesuch hinzufügen". If the language you want to practice is not listed, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When both languages are listed, you can create your partner search.
- Done! Now you have to wait...
- When the database suggests a partner for you, contact them to arrange a meeting. On www.seagull-tandem.eu, you can find helpful ideas for your first meeting.
- If it turns out that you do not want to work with this partner, reject the suggestion (Anfrage ablehnen). The database will suggest another partner if available.
- When you both want to work together as Tandem, accept the suggestion (Anfrage annnehmen).
- Contact the coordinator if you have questions or would like support.
If you want to practice several languages, you can create several partner searches. This will improve your chances to find a partner for at least one of those languages.
In addition to the languages listed in stud.ip, speakers of these languages are looking for Tandem partners:
Currently no additional searches.
General Information about our Language Tandem program
Changes for the (past) summer semester are highlighted in yellow. Watch for information on the winter semester 2020/21 here.
1. You are a University of Oldenburg student and want to participate in the entire Tandem program
Then you have two options:
- You want credit points (3 KP/ECTS)
Come to the kick-off event (Create a partner search in stud.ip) to find a Tandem partner and to sign up for the program. Then you both participate in all aspects of the program.
If you are a degree-seeking student of this university and your program includes "Professionalisierung", you can earn credit points for this section. But since the exam regulations vary, find out from your academic advisor if your degree program accepts these credits for sure. Also, please note that Sprachtandem counts as one of the four free language courses that you are entitled to as a student (German language classes do not count!). Tandem with credit points does not count as one of the four free language classes.
If you are an exchange student: Sprachtandem is free. Your home university most likely accepts these credit points (ECTS) as a language class, but if you want to be sure, check with your academic advisor.
- You don't want credit points
If you don't want credit points, come to the kick-off event (Create a partner search in stud.ip) to find a partner who also doesn't want them. Sign up as a Tandem and work on your own. This doesn't count as one of your four free courses, but you won't receive a certificate.
2. You live in the Oldenburg area and don't need a certificate for Sprachtandem
You can participate in Sprachtandem whether or not you are affiliated with the University of Oldenburg. Come to the kick-off event to find a Tandem partner and to sign up. Then you work together on your own, and at no cost. E-mail email@example.com with your partner search.
3. You are not a student at the University of Oldenburg, want to participate in all aspects of the Tandem program and receive a certificate. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your partner search.
That's possible by signing up as a "Gasthörer" (auditor). Information is available at www.gasthoerstudium.uni-oldenburg.de.