Coordination: Daniela Rommel
Office hours: by appointment
How do I find a Tandem partner?
How to find your Tandem partner via data base
- Log onto stud.ip.
- Choose "Profil".
- Click at the top right "Meine Tandems". Only students have this tab.
- Select "Muttersprache verwalten". If your native language is not listed, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Select "Gesuch hinzufügen". If the language you want to practice is not listed, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When both languages are listed, you can create your partner search. Important: Note in the additional remarks whether you want credit points or not. Since the system does not consider this criterion, you will get offers with and without credit points. This means that you will have to sort out yourself the suggestions you’ll be receiving.
- Done! Now you have to wait...
- When the database suggests a partner for you, contact them to arrange a meeting. On https://www.seagull-tandem.eu you can find helpful ideas for your first meeting.
- At this meeting also discuss with your partner the issue of credit points. If both of you or neither of you want them, you can work together.
- If it turns out that you can't or don't want to work with this partner, reject the suggestion (Anfrage ablehnen). The database will suggest another partner if available.
- You both want to work together? Accept the suggestion (Anfrage annnehmen).
- If you want to earn credit points, see "How do I earn credit points?"