How do I join?
How do I join?
Currently only students can participate in the Sprachtandem program!
Online kick-off event: Friday, October 23 at 12:00 p.m. and alternatively at 4:00 p.m.
You want credit points: Kick-off event is required
Create a partner search in stud.ip (see below) and sign up for the class "20.01.100 Sprachtandem". Participate in one of the online kick-off events that explain the entire program (see above). If the database hasn't suggested a learning partner, you may find one during the kick-off.
A reminder: If you are a degree-seeking student of this university and your program includes "Professionalisierung", you can earn 3 credit points for this section. But since the exam regulations vary, find out from your academic advisor if your degree program accepts these credits for sure. Note that Sprachtandem counts as one of the four free foreign language courses that you are entitled to as a student. German language classes do not count!
If you are an exchange student, Sprachtandem is free. Your home university most likely accepts these credit points (3 ECTS) as a language class, but if you want to be sure, check with your academic advisor.
You don't want credit points: Kick-off event is recommended
Create a partner search in stud.ip (see below) and sign up for the class "20.01.100 Sprachtandem" to be able to join one of the online kick-off events (see above). The participation is recommended because here you find out how to get the most out of your Tandem. And if the database hasn't suggested a partner for you by then, you may find one during the kick-off.
Sign out of the Sprachtandem class within the first two weeks of the semester. This way the Tandem doesn't count as one of your free foreign language classes. You work entirely on your own and won't receive a certificate.
How to find your Tandem partner:
- Log onto stud.ip.
- Choose "Profil".
- Click at the top right "Meine Tandems".
- Select "Muttersprache/n verwalten". If your native language is not listed, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Select "Gesuch hinzufügen". If the language you want to practice is not listed, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When both languages are listed, you can create your partner search.
- Done! Now you have to wait...
- When the database suggests a partner for you, contact them to arrange a meeting. On www.seagull-tandem.eu you can find helpful ideas for your first meeting.
- At this meeting also discuss with your partner the issue of credit points. If both of you or neither of you want them, you can work together.
- If it turns out that you can't or don't want to work with this partner, reject the suggestion (Anfrage ablehnen). The database will suggest another partner if available.
- You both want to work together? Accept the suggestion (Anfrage annnehmen).
- See above for how to proceed.
Tip: If you want to practice several languages, you can create several partner searches. This will improve your chances to find a partner for at least one of those languages.
Current searches in languages not listed in stud.ip:
German seeks Hindi
German seeks Kannada