Coordination: Daniela Rommel
Office hours: by appointment
How do I earn credit points?
Your next chance to join the Tandem program with credit points is in April 2023. But:
You can sign up to find a Tandem partner via database and work together independently at any time. But if you want to earn credit points and / or receive a certificate of participation, you need to sign up for the class and follow the entire program.
Two simple steps:
- To find a Tandem partner, create a partner search in stud.ip (see "How do I find a Tandem partner?")
- Participate in a kick-off – date see above. If you want to earn credit points, it's mandatory since it explains the entire program. If the database hasn't suggested a learning partner, participate anyway because you may find one during the kick-off.
A reminder: If you are a degree-seeking student of this university and your program includes "Professionalisierung", you can earn 3 credit points for this section. But since the exam regulations vary, find out from your academic advisor if your degree program accepts these credits for sure. Note that Sprachtandem counts as one of the four free foreign language courses that you are entitled to as a student. German language classes do not count.
Exchange students have one free foreign language class (e.g. one Spanish class) – German language classes do not count. Your home university most likely accepts the Sprachtandem credit points (3 ECTS) as a language class, but if you want to be sure, check with your academic advisor.
If you don't want credit points: Kick-off event is recommended anyway
- Create a partner search in stud.ip (see "How do I find a Tandem partner?").
- Participation in the kick-off recommended because it explains how to get the most out of your Tandem. And if the database hasn't suggested a partner for you by then, you may find one during the kick-off.
- Then you work entirely on your own, without credit points or a certificate of participation.