Student InfoLine

+49 (0)441 798-2728

Mo – Th  9:30 am to 4:30 pm

Fr             9:30 am to 1:30 pm

Service hours

Student Service Centre – A12

Mo to Th  9:30 am to 4:30 pm

Fr              9:30 am to 1:30 pm

Netiquette for requests by e-mail [pdf]

For personal enquiries please have your student ID or application number ready on hand.

Name or gender changes

Name change

If your name changes due to marriage, divorce, adoption or other legal causes, you can ask the university to implement that change as well.

Enrolled students can request a change of their personal data via Stud.IP by selecting Study data > Changes to Personal Data > Create new request > new name. You must upload proof of the name change.

Change of first name

Trans, inter, and non-binary students can request a change of their legal first name to their chosen first name in Stud.IP at Study data > Changes to Personal Data > Create new request > Vorname by submitting a supplementary ID from the dgti (German Society for Transidentity and Intersexuality).

Documents with new name

The notified first name(s) will henceforth appear on all University documents, including graduation documents (certificates, transcripts, etc.). 
After your request has been recorded and checked by the Admissions Office, you can generate up-to-date certificates in Stud.IP. 

Email address

As part of the request approval process, a new university email address will automatically be created with your chosen first and last names. Your previous email address with your legal name will be linked to this new email address. If you wish to have your old email address deleted, please contact IT Services.

Updating your CampusCard

When you request a name change for the first time, you will be issued a new CampusCard free of charge. Printing of the new CampusCard will be arranged immediately after reviewing your request(s). Please be sure to have any credit on the old card paid out by the cafeteria cashiers before submitting your request as any existing balance will be forfeited when the new card is printed. 

CampusCard in the library

All students receive a CampusCard at the beginning of their studies. This is also used as a library card. To activate this function, a one-time online registration with the university ID (in the form abcd1234 and password) is first necessary. Afterwards, the CampusCard must be presented once to the user service in the library and the registration form must be signed. 


Change your gender entry

You can also request having your gender entry changed. Again, the supplementary ID card must be presented, as the new gender you chose is written on the dgti supplementary ID card. The change of gender entry can be made in Stud.IP at Study data > Changes to Personal Data > Create new request > Geschlechtszugehörigkeit request

(Changed: 26 Oct 2023)  | 
Zum Seitananfang scrollen Scroll to the top of the page