Call for Applications
The application period will start on September 1 and end on September 30.
Call for Applications
In the coming winter semester, the University of Oldenburg will once again award the Deutschlandstipendium. These scholarships are intended to support particularly talented and well-performing students, usually for a period of one year.
Scholarships will paid retroactively from October in the month following the selection committee meeting (most likely November). From this date, payment will be made monthly.
Who can Apply?
Students who are enrolled at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg at the beginning of the winter semester can apply, regardless of age, nationality, or subject. Applicants must be within the standard time of study (Regelstudienzeit) regarding the subject with which they apply.
For students in the first semester, the performance of the university entrance qualification (Allgemeine Hochschulreife, Fach-Abitur, corresponding equivalents) is used for assessment.
From the second semester onward, selection criteria are primarily based on the achievements of students during their studies.
Additionally, contributions to society or special family or personal circumstances (for example caring for close family members, etc.) are included in the assessment.
What are the Regulations?
The scholarships are awarded at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg in accordance with the Scholarship Programme Law (StipG) and the statutes enacted by the University of Oldenburg. Students do not have a legal entitlement to a Deutschlandstipendium scholarship.
The amount of the scholarship is € 300 per month. The scholarship is a non-repayable grant. The scholarships are usually granted for one year. The funding period begins on 1 October in a given year.
The scholarships are awarded regardless of the applicant's income and can be combined with a BAföG loan without deduction.
The duration of the grant is determined by the standard period of study and can only be granted beyond this period under exceptional circumstances. A request for an extension of the maximum duration of funding must be submitted in writing stating the reasons.
Applications are filed online using a form provided by the University of Oldenburg in Stud.IP.
Incoming students still without access to Stud.IP instead use this online form: external application.
The following application documents must be submitted with the application:
- CV in tabular form, including a photo
- Enrollment certificate
- Grade transcript from the examination office or a verifiable transcript from Stud.IP consisting of the average grade and credit points
- Certificate of university entrance qualification (Abitur, Fachabitur, or an international equivalent)
- Master's degree applicants: undergraduate degree certificate and any evidence for the admission and selection criteria for the Master's degree programme
- Documents demonstrating special personal or family circumstances such as illnesses and disabilities, caring for own children, caring for close relatives, migration background, and volontary social, cultural, relgious or comparable work, if applicable
The application period will start on September 1 and end on September 30. Candidates who do not submit their applications within this period will be excluded from the selection process.