The University of Oldenburg supports 19 research projects from five different faculties financially.
For a list of the funded projects (only in German), please click here.
Students can apply for travel grants when presenting a research project (paper or poster) at a conference. Below you will find practical advice about the application itself as well as information about what can be funded:
- Before applying it is necessary to do an initial eligibility check prior to the conference. Please senylh1d an emltaiwyill to firstname.lastname@example.org (for
email@example.com), with the following information: applicant’s name, conference title, location, dates, your study programme, the format of your presentation (paper, poster...) as well as its title and a short description.
- After determining general eligibility, it is necessary to submit a letter of recommendation by your advisor at the University of Oldenburg.
- Together with the letter of recommendation, you also need to fill out and submit the first page of the form “Reimbursement of travel costs” ("Erstattung Reisekosten extern"). You will receive this form with the email confirming your eligibility to apply for the travel grant.
- The following can be reimbursed: travel expenses (train, or where applicable, flight ticket, as well as hotel costs according to the Rules and Regulations of the Lower Saxony’s Travel Law) and conference fees.
- Unfortunately, we cannot provide per diem allowance, reimbursement of meal expenses or fee for presenting.
- The expenses (travel costs, accommodation, conference fees) have to be first paid in full and will be reimbursed upon your return from the conference. In order to have the expenses reimbursed, you have to submit receipts for expenses to the Project Coordinator after the conference.
If you plan to organise a conference focusing on student research at the University of Oldenburg, you can apply for a grant to assist you with organisational costs.
In order to check funding eligibility, please email the Project Coordinator Maregjkn Pcthseterp7bjsexy8en (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the conference. You should include the applicant's name, location and dates of the conference, your study programme, forms of presentations at the conference, as well as the title and a short description of the conference. Please also submit a short cost estimate, so that we can check for possible funding options.
As an example of an event organised by students, check out the third edition of the "Career Day Neuroscience" (the link will take you to a Facebook post).
Sometimes you need money to do research. Bachelor- and Masterstudents of the University of Oldenburg who are conducting a research project in small groups of at least two people may apply for funding for their research project for expenses including e.g. travel costs or lab testing. Final projects such as Bachelor and Master theses are exempt from funding. For a basic check if you are eligible for funding and further information, please send an email to email@example.com. You may submit your application at any date.
We are looking forward to your applications!
Building on the success of the first "World Congress on Undergraduate Research" (Doha, Qatar, November 2016) the second “World Congress on Undergraduate Research” took place on 23 - 25 May 2019 at the University of Oldenburg. For a look back at the confernce, visit the congress’ website.
forsch! (German imperative for ‘research!’) is the University of Oldenburg’s online student journal – platform where students can publish their own academic writing and make it accessible outside the classroom. Research projects, term papers, and other course assignments can be submitted. Submissions are evaluated by two reviewers and will be published if they receive positive feedback and after necessary revisions – where required – have been made.
The goal is to give students a chance to enhance their academic writing and argumentation and to learn how to present their research to an interdisciplinary audience.
All of this and much more can be found on the forsch! website.
Students do not only do research for their theses. They also research other contexts and produce interesting and relevant results. Despite this, these texts often just end up in the drawer after they have been graded and fulfilled their use of getting credit points. The main objective of the student journal forsch! is to raise the visibility of student research and to make insights worth reading available to a broader audience. forsch! welcomes submissions in various formats, reflecting multiple perspectives of student research. This is why we have different categories for different types of submissions: research paper, essay, research proposal, experimental format or abstracts of distinguished theses.
forsch! is an Open-Access journal, which means that all published works can not only be viewed online, but also downloaded free of charge. This raises the visibility of the publication and increases your impact, leading to a variety of potential uses not only within the academic community but also among the general public. forsch! is published through Open Journal Systems, an open source software used to manage and publish academic journals. It was developed by the Public Knowledge Project, an international collaboration project among several universities.
All undergraduate and graduate students of German Universities can publish their work in the online student journal forsch!.
To help you publish your work, forsch! provides a host of background information about the publishing process:
- Style guide, including information about proper citation and reference list
- A detailed description of content-related requirements for submissions
- Document templates for different categories of submissions
- Step-by-step instructions guiding you through different stages of the publication process
- Explanation of the peer-review process following the submission of your article.
We support authors with all other issues they may have regarding their submission for forsch!. At forsch(i03at)my/9uni-8gyxoldenburg.dermb0p (firstname.lastname@example.org), our editorial team is there to help you. Good luck with your reserach!