Master Program Neuroscience
Applicaton deadline for first semester in winter term was 31.05.2020.
We are currently in the process of student selection. Applicants will soon receive a notification.
Due to the current travel restrictions during the corona crisis, new students will be allowed to start their studies as online courses from their home countries until they are able to move to Oldenburg. However, it is strongly recommended to move to Oldenburg as soon as possible to be able to join also classroom and practical courses.
We accept applications for higher semesters until 15.07.2020
- Lecture time of this summer semester: 20.4. - 17.7.2020
- Experimental Master's theses are allowed again since May 20 in labs which provided a hygene concept. Students and scientists are required to sign that they are aware of the current rules, including wearing masks and going on the right side when moving through the building. Only one person per 20 m2 is allowed in laboratories.
- All neuroscience modules in summer semester are held online during their planned time slots. Lab work is replaced by assignments, which can be done in home office. Therefore, some courses have additional requirements (e.g. Matlab knowledge for data analysis).
- Lab courses, and classroom teaching will be allowed again from July on if they provide a hygene concept (including similar space as for research in labs).
- Winter semester: University of Oldenburg decided to have a "hybrid semester" with theoretical courses being held mainly online (exept for first semester courses) and practical courses being allowed with a hygene concept.
- 31st May for first semester (winter term)
- 15th July for higher semesters (winter term)
- 15th January for higher semesters (summer term)
Admission will be given to 25 students according to our current admission criteria.
For international students it is highly recommended to apply as early as possible via uni-assist to allow for some additional processing time of their documents and send a copy of their documents (in one PDF file) directly to the program directors (madc8esster4y-neurosci5evuencywe(at)uni-
mlanloldl7n6enbua0dnvrgdqjxz.de (firstname.lastname@example.org)), as the assessment for equivalence of degrees may take extra time.
- International: All courses in English, semester abroad is possible
- Focus: Sensory Systems
- Science-oriented: Individual student projects in research groups
- Interdisciplinary: Teachers & students with mixed backgrounds, joint courses with Biology & Psychology