Access is partly only possible from computers within the university network.
- Zentralblatt für Mathematik: At present, more than 80,000 mathematical papers are published each year in about 3,500 journals, as well as more than 2,500 new books. In the Zentralblatt MATH all these publications are briefly discussed or summarised.
- Zentralblatt für Didaktik der Mathematik: The analogue to the Zentralblatt für die Mathematik-Didaktik. Smaller in scope, but also several thousand publications per year.
- Electronic Research Archive for Mathematics (Jahrbuch über die Fortschritte der Mathematik, 1868-1942): The predecessor of the Zentralblatt, covering the period from 1868 to 1942.
- Web of Science (Science Citation Index): A common database for all sciences that shows which articles are cited in an article and which other articles cite a particular article. Only selected journals are covered, and no restriction to mathematics is possible. Since there is hardly any content indexing, and not all records are "clean" (e.g. different spellings of names), the value for mathematics is limited.
- Library Database Information System: In this joint project of numerous university libraries, 31 accessible databases are listed for the University of Oldenburg under mathematics. Available are, among other things, collections of electronic editions of mathematics books that are no longer available or videos of lectures.
- GBV (Library Databases, Online Interlibrary Loan)