Eva Maria Fix

+49 (0)441 798-4270

Room A5 2-212

Complaint Management of School II

Complaint Management of School II

In everyday university life, there may be situations in which you feel you have been treated unfairly, disagree with a lecturer's behaviour or feel that the amount of work required for a course is unreasonable. In such cases, you can give us feedback. On this page we provide you with an overview of your contact persons for feedback and complaints. If you wish, these will be treated confidentially by the named contact persons. This means that your name will not be passed on. However, you must disclose your name to the contact person; anonymous complaints will not be processed.

Step 1: Seek dialogue - avoid escalation

We advise you to always start by talking to the person whose behaviour you disagree with. Many things can be resolved at this level. It can be useful to involve another person you trust in such a discussion; this can also be a member of the student council, for example. The respective student council can also be a first point of contact with whom you can discuss the problem. You can find the student representatives of Faculty II here.

Step 2: If a conversation does not lead anywhere

If the conversation with the person in question does not progress or is unconstructive in your eyes, you should first contact the next higher level. Depending on the problem situation, you should exhaust the appropriate feedback and complaint options in the order given:

If there are problems in the area of "active participation", "regular attendance" or "curricular sequence".

  1. Person(s) responsible for the module (always indicated in the module description)
  2. Institute management (see homepage of the institute)

If your problem relates to a specific module or course

  1. Person(s) responsible for the module (always indicated in the module description)
  2. Institute management (see Institute homepage)
  3. Dean of Studies

If you disagree with a module grade

Here, too, you should first seek a discussion with the lecturer. Grades must be justified; the notification of the grade is an administrative act against which you can lodge an appeal. The examination boards for the respective degree programme are responsible for this and can be contacted via the examination office.

If you disagree with the behaviour of a particular teacher towards you

z. e.g. behaviour in a consultation hour, behaviour as a supervisor of a thesis, accessibility of the teacher, grading of an examination takes an excessively long time etc.:

  1. Institute management (see Institute homepage)
  2. Dean of Studies

If you feel sexually harassed or discriminated against because of your sexual orientation, gender or in any other way in connection with your studies at Faculty II

conTaktCounselling Centre on Sexualised Discrimination at the University of Oldenburg, e-mail:

or to the equal opportunities officers of the departments

If you wish to complain about a person who is named as a contact person on this page, please contact the "next higher" instance in each case.

Complaints that lie outside the area of responsibility of Faculty II should be addressed directly to the complaints management of the responsible organisational unit.

Complaints in the area of studies and teaching in Faculty II can also be directed to the coordinator for studies and teaching to discuss possible solutions:

Eva Maria Fix

+49 (0)441 798-4270

Room A5 2-212

(Changed: 2021-11-05)