Admission of international students (Admissions office)
Advisor for international students (International Office)
In order to study at the University of Oldenburg, you need an adequate knowledge of German and/or English.
For all German-speaking degree programmes you need to proof sufficient German language proficiency for registering for professional studies.
Please note !
For the Master programmes German as a Foreign Language / German as a Second Language and German Studies, you will need DSH 3 or TestDaf with level 5 in all four areas.
You can proof your German language proficiency especially with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
- Feststellungsprüfung am Studienkolleg (German part of the exam)
- DSD II: Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz II
- Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (formerly: Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (ZOP), Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom (KDS) und Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS))
- telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule: certificate that the exam was successful
For some Master’s degree programmes, lower language skills
- at level C1 (e.g. Goethe-Zertifikat C1, telc Deutsch C1, ÖSD C1, UNIcert III) or
- at DSH-1 / TestDaF level 3 in all areas or
- B2 (e.g. Goethe-Zertifikat B2, telc Deutsch B2, ÖSD B2, UNIcert II) are sufficient
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrollment at the latest, for some degree programmes already with the application.
Applicants who need to enroll for the Studienkolleg prior to their professional studies need to hold at least a B2 certificate proofing their German language proficiency.
An application at the University of Oldenburg is usually also possible without sufficient language proficiency for the professional studies. For these applicants we offer preparatory German language courses.
Minimum requirements for language support in a preparatory German language course at the University of Oldenburg are German language skills on a A2 level. Together with your application, please hand in one of the following language certificates:
- Certificate of participation in a German course at level B1
- Goethe-Zertifikat A2
- ÖSD Zertifikat A2
- Zertifikat Deutsch (telc Deutsch A2)
- TestDaF Level 3333
- DSD I: Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz I
The preparatory course consists of intensive German language courses that prepares students for the DSH exam. The University of Oldenburg offers the DSH exam twice a year (February and July).
The proof of language proficiency on the appropriate level needs to be submitted to uni-assist e.V. before the application deadline has passed. Otherwise, uni-assist e.V. does not forward the application documents. Subsequent filing is not possible.
Applicants seeking admission to the Anpassungslehrgang (adaption course) also need to have at the B2 level in German language proficiency to be eligible to apply.
All English-speaking degree programmes as well as some German-speaking degree programmes also require a proof of English language proficiency. As these requirements vary by degree programme please check “Admission requirements” on the information website of the respective degree programme.
For English language proficiency the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) (in German) applies.
You will find a list of all degree programmes following degree programmes.