In addition to its regional roots, the Institute of Protestant Theology and Religious Education and its course of studies have a wide range of international networking and orientation:
- Cooperations for studies abroad
- Projects and research cooperations
- Conferences and workshops
The Institute of Protestant Theology and Religious Education supports students´ desire to study abroad.
There are exchange programs with the following universities:
- Nikolaus Kopernikus-Universität, Torun (Poland)
- Roehampton University, London (Great Britian)
- International Baptist Theological Seminary, Prague (Czechia)
- Baylor (Baptist) University, School of Education, Texas (USA)
- Irish School of Ecumenics, Trinity College, Dublin (Irland)
- Faculté de Theologié Protestante, Montpellier (France)
- United Theological College, Bangalore (India)
- Department of Religious Studies der Universität Bethlehem, Jerusalem (Israel)
- South Africa (In progress. In case you are interested please contact: Dr. Be+e2stn Khrozcumalu-dixgSee+ugelken (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For questions and advice about studies abroad please address Prof. Dr. Ulrike Link-Wieczorek.
General information about scholarships, admission requirements etc.you can find in the International Student Office.
Religious education in Poland and Germany
This cooperation sees itself as part of the cooperation project between the two universities. It's been implemented through two conferences
Joint projects between the two institutions are taken into consideration in two-year intervals. For the summer term 2010 an ecumenical project in connection with a joint visit of the Ecumenical Church Congress in Munich is planned.
The University of Torun can also be selected for a semester abroad. Although the faculty offers a few English courses, it is recommended to acquire Polish language skills well in advance, e.g. offered in professional study courses by the Oldenburg language centre.
Conferences and workshops
Religious Education in Poland and Germany
For this subproject of the cooperation two meetings have so far been implemented of the two universities, which were held by Polish and German theological high school teachers. In Torun in October 2006, it was on the teaching of religion in Poland and Germany. In Oldenburg in May 2007, on the question of the theological implications of the realignment of the relationship of the churches to Judaism since 1945. The conference proceedings are or will be published in two languages:
- Verkannte Dimensionen der Bildung. Polnisch-deutsches religionspädagogisches Kolloquium, hg. Von Jercy Bagrowicz, Jaroslaw Michalski und Jürgen Heumann, Torun 2008.
- Gemeinsame Tradition — ein Mythos? Das Verhältnis von Juden und Christen als Herausforderung für die Theologie, hg. von Ulrike Link-Wieczorek und Jan Perszon, Oldenburg 2012 (in Druckvorbereitung).