The registered association uni-assist e.V. supports universities in Germany in registration matters. Furthermore, uni-assist supports international students with their application for studies at German universities. Its core task ist the pre-editing and pre-examination of international applications at universities.
If you acquired the diploma/degree from outside of Germany. This includes
- International students
- (DAAD) scholarship holders
- German citizens with a high school diploma/degree from outside of Germany.
The diploma or degree which qualifies you to study at a German University is relevant for this classification.
If you are applying for one of the following degree programmes, please apply using the indicated website:
The following documents are required for the examination of your application by uni-assist:
- Your High school diploma / Secondary School certificate (+ a list of all subjects and grades)
- High school entrance examination certificate (if available)
- A list of all subjects/disciplines and grades from previous studies (if available)
- Your university diplomas (if available)
- Proof of your German language proficiency (exception: degree programmes taught in English)
- Proof of your foreign language proficiency (if necessary)
- APS-Certificate (if necessary)
No, the application via uni-assist is accomplished online only: All you need to do is to fill in the application form and scan and upload your application documents to uni-assist.
Do not send any application documents via mail to uni-assist or to the University of Oldenburg.
In this case, an APS-Certificate is required. The original APS-Certificate needs to be sent to uni-assist in the mail.
- Uni-assist examines your submitted documents.
- Your school-leaving certificated and university diplomas as well as the list of your subjects and grades will be examined to determine whether you are eligible to study the selected degree programme at a university in Germany.
- For this, the Germany-wide consistent standards of the (German) Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) are applied. Eventually, the result of the examination is forwarded to the University.
- In addition, uni-assist examines further admission requirements, particularly the applicant’s proof of German and/or English language proficiency.
- Uni-assist follows the guidelines of the University of Oldenburg on which certificates are accepted.
Uni-assist will contact you, if they notice a missing document when examining your application.
These could be a necessary translation or a study plan, if required by the (German) Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB).
You can submit missing documents to uni-assist until the application deadline. uni-assist will then process your application free of charge. We recommend to apply as early as possible.
- The data base of the (German) Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) enables you to check whether you are eligible to study in Germany.
- In addition, you may also visit the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) website which provides a questionnaire to check your diploma.
Both websites enable you to receive a noncommittal preliminary check of your diplomas.
The assessment of international certificates is changing constantly. Unfortunately, these changes cannot be entered into the data bases without delay. Therefore, the data bases are not always up to date.
As a result, the pre-assessment may be based on obsolete data and consequently non-commital.
uni-assist practices the assessment of application documents daily and at a high number. Because of this high frequency, in some cases uni-assist possesses more current knowledge and information about the assessment of international certificates than can be found in the data base of the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB).
Due to this, the assessment of your certificates through uni-assist may have a different result.
The assessment of your documents usually takes about 4-6 weeks. Please consider this in your time management, especially if you need a visa for entering Germany.
Due to the higher effort in the review of the diplomas, you will be charged for the application via uni-assist.
If you have questions on
- our range of courses
- the language requirements
- documents that need to be submitted in addition to your diploma
- the application periods and deadlines
- the current state of your application
I you do not find and answer to your question, please contact our admission officers by using the respective e-mail address:
- For bachelor programmes:
- For master programmes:
Kindly note that we cannot provide information on the current state of your application before uni-assist has processed your application (4-6 weeks).
After the applicant’s documents (which may also include Plausibility-Interviews and TestAS) have been examined successfully, the APS issues a certificate. This certificate evidences that the documents submitted by the applicant are genuine and that he/she acquired sufficient academic performance to apply for a German university.