Rebecca Käpernick M.A.
Institute of English and American Studies (» Postal address)
- speculative and postapocalyptic fiction
- feminist theory
- game studies
- representation of motherhood in literature and media
- 2023/October. "Maternal Markers: Representing Maternal Agency in Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last of Us Part II." at CEEGS 2023: Meaning and Making of Games, Macromedia University of Applied Sciences Leipzig.
- 2023/October. "American Studies and Game Studies: An Introduction." at "Introducing Game Studies" as part of the Oldenburg School for the Social Sciences and the Humanities 2023, Schlaues Haus Oldenburg.
- 2023/August. "Dystopia and Disruption: On Maternal Identity in The Last of Us Part II." at Disruptive Imaginations: Annual Conference of Science Fiction Research Association (SFRA) and Gesellschaft für Fantastikforschung (GfF) 2023, TU Dresden.
- 2023/June. "Postapocalyptic Margins, Motherhood, and Feminist Identity in Naughty Dog's The Last of Us Part II." at DiGRA 2023: Digital Games Research Association Conference - Limits and Margins of Games, University of Seville.
- 2022/November. “Environmental Storytelling and Impending Catastrophe in Final Fantasy VII.” at Playing the Field III: Video Game Ecologies & American Studies, Amerikahaus Munich & KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt.
- 2022/April. "Representations of Parenthood and Childrearing in Post-Apocalyptic 21st Century Literature." at the Annual CAPAS Conference: "Worlds Ending - Ending Worlds?", University of Heidelberg.
- 2022/March. "“From Zero to Hero?” – The Outcast-Heroine’s Descent Narrative in Contemporary Video Games." at Culture at Play: Spaces - Colours -Stories, University of Freiburg. Online event.