We have put together yet another newsletter for you and hope you enjoy reading it.
- User Policies: We have published HPC User Policies in the wiki this week, which are valid from now on and should be followed. The User Policies have been approved by the Scientific Computing Advisory Board and only describe the already lived practice in the operation of the HPC Cluster. Therefore, nothing has changed for the users. Questions or comments on the usage guidelines can be sent to .
- Evaluation Dataverse: The BIS is currently testing a new service for publishing data based on the Dataverse software. The test environment is currently only accessible from the campus network at the address https://dataverse.bis.uni-oldenburg.de/ (then go to Your Institution and a select University Oldenburg). Note that the system is available for testing only. Our colleagues from BIS would appreciate your feedback and also offer a regular web session for questions.
- Signed E-Mails: Following a suggestion from IT services, e-mails from Scientific Computing (only personal accounts) are now digitally signed.
- Dates: Please take note of following upcoming events
- Software News: The following modules are now available on hpc-env/8.3:
- QuantumESPRESSO/6.7-iomkl-2019b (changed toolchain for MPI support)
- … and much more packages! So you might want to take a look at our software page, should you need one or two dependency updates.
The list above might not be complete, you can always search for software with the command “module spider <softwarename>”.
All the best and happy computing,
Your HPC support team