About the facility
Due to the current situation, the exchange with the HPC team is currently limited:
- Please contact us by e-mail to one of the addresses below. Primarily, please contact our support address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are currently not available by telephone. However, if you urgently need a personal conversation, we will be happy to call you back after consultation.
- Until further notice, we are not personally present in the office.
Scientific Computing is a central facility of the 'Betriebseinheit für technisch-wissenschaftliche Infrastruktur (BI)' within the School V - Mathematics and Science of the Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg (see Einrichtungsbeschluss (German only) as amended on 3th of January 2018). The staff of Scientific Computing provides support with the usage of the HPC cluster to all members of the university. For this purpose the following services are offered:
- Consultation for and, if required, accompanying of the realization of scientific projects which require the usage of a HPC resource.
- Support with porting and installing of scientific appliaktions on the HPC cluster.
- Planning and conducting training course and workshops on topics related to scientific computing and high-performance computing.
- Coordination of acquisitions in relation to scientific computing or high-performance computing, in agreement with IT services.
- Conducting regular meetings with representatives of the HPC users and IT services.
Representatives of the faculties involved and of the IT services constitute a scientific advisory board, which consults the leader of the facility Scientific Computing in question of general importance.