Chemistry - Master of Education Programme (Vocational and Business Education)
The Master of Education (Gymnasium) is taught over four semesters in which you must earn 120 credit points. You will advance your curricular knowledge in both teaching subjects (30 credit points each). In the area of specialization, you will study education science related content (18 credit points) and complete practical training (12 credit points). At the end of the degree programme, you will follow the Masterabschlussmodul (27 credit points) and the Abschlusskolloquium (3 credit points).
Orientation and Goals
Study Design and Contents
The standard period of study for the Master of Education (Vocational and Business Education) is four semesters.
The master's program, which consists of 120 credit points, is divided into the following studies:
- Vocational and business education (27 credit points)
- a teaching subject in accordance with the Regulations on Master's Degrees for Teachers in Lower Saxony (MasterVO-Lehr) in the current version (45 credit points)
- educational sciences (12 credit points)
- practical phase (12 credit points)
- Master's thesis module (24 credit points)
Teaching and Learning
Reasons for Studying
- Strength in education: Over 40% of students at the University of Oldenburg are studying for a teaching degree
- Strength in research: Final papers can be integrated into research projects in the research focus teaching, learning and qualification research; there are options for the funding of student research projects and PhD opportunities via the Anna-Magull Foundation
- Strength in mentoring: In practical courses and seminars
Foreign Language Skills
German Language Proficiency
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2) or
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
English Language Proficiency see admissions regulations
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) Level B1 or
- if applicants are native speaker or they have university entrance qualification or a university degree obtained in English
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possibilities see: Language requirements
Careers and Areas of Employment
The degree programme is also excellent preparation for teaching positions in companies, non-state training and development institutions, personnel development, training, HR and knowledge management.
In addition, graduates can also work in vocational education research at universities, government research institutes, local government and private vocational education research and development institutes.
Target Group/Admission Requirements
- A bachelor's degree or a similar qualification in the subjects required for the admission to the master's degree programme
- Combination of subjects according to the regulations for Master's degrees for teachers in Lower Saxony (Nds. MasterVO) in the currently valid version
- At least 66 credit points in economics, of which at least 5 credit points in didactics/teaching
- At least 12 credit points in the teaching subject, of which at least 5 credit points in didactics/teaching
- At least 18 credit points in vocational and business education
- Successfully completed practical training in a school
- You must provide evidence of English language proficiency
The minimum requirements for English language proficiency are:
- School certificate: Proof of English study at school for four years or three years, if studied as part of a university entry qualification. At least the German grade 4 (ausreichend, sufficient) or 5 in the last two years of language classes
- Language proficiency: Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) Level B1.
This is an open admissions degree course. Application is only possible in the winter semester for 1st and higher semester.
The application deadline for the winter semester is 15th August.
Only for higher semester: The application deadline for the summer semester is 15th February