DAAD Award for outstanding international students and doctoral candidates
Every year, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers an award worth EUR 1,000 to an international student or doctoral candidate at the University of Oldenburg who has demonstrated exceptional academic performance and social or intercultural commitment.
Do you know such an outstanding personality?
Qualified students and doctoral candidates may be nominated by instructors, institutions/centres of the university, or fellow students.
Nominations are welcome from 6 July to 11 November 2022.
Who can be nominated?
To qualify for this award, students or doctoral candidates must:
- demonstrate exceptional academic performance
- show social or intercultural commitment
- possess an international (non-German) school leaving qualification
- be enrolled at the University of Oldenburg
- be in at least their third semester (bachelor) or second semester (master), or else be a recent graduate or doctoral candidate
- not be a guest or exchange student
- Nomination form
- Recommendation letter from a lecturer at the University of Oldenburg (see template)
- CV of nominated student or doctoral candidate
- Transcript of records of nominated student or doctoral candidate
- Enrolment certificate of nominated student or doctoral candidate
- Proof(s) of social/intercultural voluntary commitment of nominated student or doctoral candidate
Please send all documents by e-mail to by 11 November, 2022.
Award winners of former years
- 2021: Jingjing Xu (China)
- 2020: Beybin Elvin Tunç (Turkey)
- 2019: Talat Khonsur (Syria)
- 2018: Nikoloz Tarielashvili (Georgia)
- 2017: Monica Andrea Gutiérrez Almonacid (Colombia)
- 2016: Pol von Rijn (The Netherlands)
- 2015: Feras Karakit (Syria)
- 2014: Matteo Carbognani (Italy)
- 2013: Aigerim Malgazhinova (Kazakhstan)
- 2012: Arezou Ghasemzadeh (Iran)