Winter term 2014/15
The Graduate Schools offers once more a Welcome Workshop for all new PhDs of the faculty V and VI.
Wednesday, 24th of September 2014, 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and
Location: Universities guest house, Drögen Hasen Weg 64.
The prelimanary topics of workshop are:
- Defining motivation, wishes and expectations for the PhD
- Introduction to the Graduate School
- Thesis Committee and supervision agreement
- Presentation of the curriculum and an introduction to StudIP
- Identifying your personal competences and requirements
There are still places free. If you are interested in the workshop please contact
Date: 7-8 October 2014
Time: 9 am - 5 pm
Location: To be announced
Registration: Via StudIP
Trainer: Barbara Kosuch
In this workshop you will realize the value of teamwork, decide in which case it is useful to work in teams and learn about strategies and techniques that make teamwork effective.
The practical approach will help you to reflect on your own team competence and to choose appropriate behaviour when leading a team through different development phases.
Focussing on team members’ strengths will enable you to handle conflicts constructively.
Realize the value of teamwork
Compare advantages of individual and team work
Get to know strategies and techniques that make teamwork effective
Improve own team competence
Gain team leading skills
Why do we work in teams?
Individual versus team achievement
How to become a successful team
Decision making process
Leading a team
Date: 14-16 October 2014
Time: 9am - 5.30pm
Location: A14 1-114
Registration: Via StudIP
Trainer: Dr. Gunther Tress
Why attend this training?
If you are currently preparing or writing a paper for an international peer-reviewed journal this 3-day comprehensive training is ideal for you.
Your particular training benefits are:
- to set up a publication strategy to increase publication output
- to develop a detailed plan for your current paper in progress
- to draft main sections of your manuscript
- to know for each section what it needs to include
- to know how to identify a suitable journal for your submission
- to know how to respond to editors and reviewers
- to get answers on your questions regarding paper writing
- to have clear instructions for completing your manuscript after training
- to submit your manuscript following the concrete suggestions of the training
A second date is sheduled for all students on the waiting list.