Oscar Romero/STIBET scholarships for international students
Using funds from the Oscar Romero Foundation, the International Office awards scholarships of up to EUR 1,000 each for international students who find themselves in financial difficulties.
The scholarships are offered once a year (approx. May–June). Applications are only accepted during the application period.
- Residence permit for study purposes or the purpose of a doctorate (in general according to Section 16 of the German Residence Act - AufenthG)
- Monthly income during the scholarship period may not exceed EUR 450
All international students and doctoral candidates of the University of Oldenburg who find themselves in financial difficulties are eligible to apply.
Financial need is a prerequisite; voluntary work inside or outside the university is a plus.
Up to EUR 1,000 can be awarded. The scholarship is paid up to two instalments of up to EUR 500 each.
If a successful applicant has one or more part-time jobs which earn him or her more than EUR 450 before taxes per month, his or her scholarship for the respective month will be reduced by the difference as per DAAD requirements.
- Personal situation (letter of motivation)
- Positive course of studies or progress of the doctorate
- Financial need (letter of recommendation or proof, e.g. loss of job due to corona crisis)
- Pro-bono work is a plus
Please make sure that you first fill out the online application form (step 1) and then submit all listed documents in the form of a single continuous pdf document to <sus2trong6crm>email@example.com</strong>lq (firstname.lastname@example.org), using the subject "ORS/STIBET financial emergency". Application deadline is 14 May 2020.
- Online application
- Completed application form (pdf)
- Motivation letter (justification of the application)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Transcript with grade average (students)
or letter of acceptance of doctorate committee and brief confirmation by the supervisor of orderly progression of the doctorate (doctoral candidates)
- Enrolment certificate
- Copy of the residence permit
- If available: Proof of pro-bono work (brief confirmation of scope and duration)
- Proof of financial need: bank account statements for the last three months, if you are married: Information about your family’s total income, including proof
- Letter of recommendation* from a lecturer or staff member of the University of Oldenburg OR proof of e.g. loss of job due to the Corona crisis.
* The letter of recommendation should answer the following questions: How did you get to know the applicant? How would you describe the applicant's personality? Why should the applicant receive the scholarship?
The letter of recommendation must be submitted in a closed envelope or sent by e-mail by the author to email@example.com