Forms STIBET thesis phase
Application form Please use this pdf-form as cover sheet for your application documents.
STIBET scholarships for international students and doctoral candidates
The International Office uses funds of the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD to award scholarships of up to EUR 400 per month for 3 to 4 months to international students and doctoral candidates of the University of Oldenburg who whish to complete their studies/ doctorate within the next two years.
The scholarships are offered twice a year (approx. November–January for the following summer semester and May–June for the following winter semester). Applications are only accepted during the application period. The next call for applications runs from 20.11.22 to 10.01.2023.
Requirements: Who can apply?
- International students and doctoral candidates who are enrolled at the University of Oldenburg and are going to successfully graduate within the next two years
- Residence permit for study purposes or the purpose of a doctorate (in general according to Section 16 of the German Residence Act - AufenthG)
- Monthly income during the scholarship period may not exceed EUR 450
All international students and doctoral candidates who expect to complete their studies within the next two years are eligible to apply. The prerequisites are good academic performance; pro-bono/ voluntary work inside or outside the university is a plus.
Scholarships of up to EUR 400 per month are awarded for 3 to 4 months.
If a successful applicant has one or more part-time jobs which earn him or her more than EUR 450 before taxes per month, his or her scholarship for the respective month will be reduced by the difference as per DAAD requirements.
- Academic achievement. Proven by grades/grade average (students) or short reference letter of supervisor (doctoral candidates)
- Financial need
- Expected to graduate in the next two years (short reference letter, transcript)
- Motivation letter
- Reference letter
- Desirable: work commitment on a voluntary basis
Application and required documents
Step 1: Your application
Following documents are required:
- Completed application form (pdf)
- Motivation letter (justification of the application)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Transcript with grade average (students) or letter of acceptance of doctorate committee (doctoral candidates)
- Enrolment certificate
- Copy of the residence permit
- Copy of the registration of the thesis with the Examinations Office (students; if available yet) OR letter of acceptance of doctorate committee (doctoral candidates)
- If available: proof of pro-bono work (brief confirmation of scope and duration)
- If you are married: information about your family’s total income, including proof, if available
Please combine the documents into a single pdf file. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Step 2: Reference letter from supervisor by e-mail
In order to complete your application, we need a letter of reference from the supervisor of your thesis or doctorate or from a lecturer of your study programme. This reference letter must be sent by e-mail by the author to firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference letter should answer the following questions:
- How would you judge the applicant's study performance so far?
- When is the applicant roughly going to finish his/her studies or doctorate and what results do you expect from the applicant?
- How would you describe the applicant's personality/situation?