STIBET scholarships for international students and doctoral candidates
The International Office uses funds of the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD to award scholarships of up to EUR 400 per month for 3 to 4 months to international students and doctoral candidates who whish to complete their studies/ doctorate.
The scholarships are offered twice a year (approx. October–January and April–June). Applications are only accepted during the application period.
- international students and doctoral candidates who are going to successfully graduate within the next two years
- Residence permit for study purposes or the purpose of a doctorate (in general according to Section 16 of the German Residence Act - AufenthG)
- Monthly income during the scholarship period may not exceed EUR 450
All international students and doctoral candidates who expect to complete their studies within the next two years are eligible to apply. The prerequisites are good academic performance; pro-bono/ voluntary work inside or outside the university is a plus.
If a successful applicant has one or more part-time jobs which earn him or her more than EUR 450 before taxes per month, his or her scholarship for the respective month will be reduced by the difference as per DAAD requirements.
- Academic achievement. Proven by grades/grade average (students) or letter of recommendation of supervisor (doctoral candidates)
- Financial need
- Expected to graduate in the next two years (letter of recommendation, transcript)
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter
- Desirable: work commitment on a voluntary basis
Please make sure that you first fill out the online application form (step 1) and then submit all listed documents to the International Office (att. Katja Kaboth) by the deadline. Please send your applications by e-mail in the form of a single continuous pdf document to <strong>email@example.com</sgrihstrfjxrong>xz4 (firstname.lastname@example.org), using the subject "STIBET thesis phase".
- Online application form
- Completed application form (pdf)
- Motivation letter (justification of the application)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Transcript with grade average (students)
- Enrolment certificate
- Copy of the residence permit
- Copy of the registration of the thesis with the Examinations Office (students; if available yet) OR letter of acceptance of doctorate committee (doctoral candidates)
- If available: Proof of voluntary work (brief confirmation of scope and duration)
- If you are married: Information about your family’s total income, including proof, if available
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor of your thesis or doctorate or lecturer of your study programme
The letter of recommendation should answer the following questions:
How did you get to know the applicant?
How would you judge the applicant's performance in your seminars?
How much does the applicant's thesis or study plan fit his/her profile?
What results do you expect from the applicant?
When is the applicant roughly going to finish his/her studies or doctorate?
How would you describe the applicant's personality?
The letter of recommendation must be sent by e-mail by the author to email@example.com