Disabled students and people with a chronical illness

The University of Oldenburg and the Student Service Organisation (Studentenwerk) offer a range of support services and assistance for disabled students. 

Disability advice service

The disability advice service provided by Studentenwerk offers support, tips and information in all matters relevant to students with disabilities. 


Study and Career Counselling Service

The Study and Career Counselling Service can provide individual advice to disabled students and prospective students on solving practical issues and planning their studies successfullyon solving practical issues and planning their studies successfully. 


Support from other students

The independent council for students with disabilities represents the interests of students. This includes semester ticket refunds, advice from other students and networking. 


Disability representative

The disability representative can help you with general questions related to studying with a disability which are related to university policy. Current priorities at the University include enabling disabled access to university buildings.


Study abroad with a disability or a chronic illness

The International Office supports students with a disability or a chronic illness in the realisation of a study-related stay abroad.


Studying for international students with a disability

The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) provides an overview with valuable hints and good checklists.


Practical assistance and services

Information on the library, support for the hearing impaired, sports, parking, accommodation, accessibility and information on accessibility for weekend events. 


Laws, recommendations and further information

Information on laws, regulations and recommendations that are relevant to the specific needs of students with disabilities and address equality measures. 


(Changed: 19 Dec 2022)  |