Visitor address

Student Service Centre SSC
Haarentor campus
Building A12
26129 Oldenburg

Opening hours A12
Mo – Fr 8:00 am to 10:00 pm

Postal address

Universität Oldenburg
Ammerländer Heerstraße 114-118
26129 Oldenburg

Handing in documents

        In Person

InfoDesk at SSC
until the end of the service hours

Deadline letterbox

Building V01
Ammerländer Heerstraße 114-118

Advisory services for prospective students

Advisory services for prospective students

As a prospective student, you will probably have many questions about university life. Thankfully, there are many different specialist organisations at the University of Oldenburg that can help you.

The information on this page will help you find the right contact person sorted by service facility or by topic below.

Student representatives

  • Information about the curriculum and organisation of the degree programme
  • Opportunities to share personal experiences

List of student representatives

Subject-specific student advice

  • Specific guidance and advice regarding the content of the degree programme
  • Information and advice regarding individual modules
  • Information and advice regarding the structure of degree programme
  • Information and advice predominantly related to the specific subject of the degree programme

List of subject-specific student advisory services

Admissions Office

  • Assistance with applications and admissions
  • Advice on studying with and without a university entrance qualification (for people with a German education background)
  • Guidance and information regarding the admission procedure and enrolment

Admissions Office

InfoService at Division 3

You can contact the SSC’s InfoDesk and InfoLine Studiumby telephone, in person and in writing for all matters concerning the University’s student services (Division 3).

These service points can help you with brief enquiries regarding the following topics:


  • The University of Oldenburg’s degree programmes
  • Admission requirements, subject combinations for teaching degrees
  • Application deadlines and procedures
  • General deadlines and dates
  • NC dates
  • Switching subjects, degree programmes and universities
  • Studying without a university entrance qualification, eligibility for university studies
  • Checking and issuing forms and application documents
  • Events for prospective students

InfoService at Division 3

International Office (IO)

  • Assistance with initial enquiries from international exchange students and doctoral candidates
  • Advice for refugees who are interested in studying and for participants of the orientation year (programme to prepare refugees for higher education in Germany)

International Office

Study and Career Counselling Service (ZSKB)

The ZSKB provides advice and support to all prospective students, regardless of the degree programme you want to study, taking into account your own personal situation. You can contact the ZSKB for information on the following topics:

The ZSKB provides individual support during open consultation hours and scheduled appointments

Study and Career Counselling Service (ZSKB)

SSC - the Student Service Center

The Student Service Centre (SSC) at the University of Oldenburg is the first point of contact for prospective students, students, graduates and applicants.

Advisory services in the SSC

Advisory and service facilities grouped per topic

At the University of Oldenburg, there are a number of organisations that can help you with a variety of issues and challenges. Below, you will find an overview of these organisations, grouped according to various topics.

Studying with a disability

The University of Oldenburg provides students with a medical impairment a wide range of support services and information on a number of topics – from arranging support measures, organising your studies and accessing practical help to laws and recommendations.

For disabled students and students with a chronic illness

Disability advice service

  • Information about financial support available when studying with a disability
  • Support measures for studying with a disability
  • Information about the existence of a disability or chronic illness
  • Networking possibilities

Disability advice service (in German)

Disability representative

  • Advice on organising your studies around a disability and support measures
  • General information regarding disability and university policy, e.g. accessibility at the university

Disability representative

BeRef - Autonomous office for students with a disability or chronic illness

Advice and support for students with a disability, chronic physical or mental illness or an acute illness or disability (e.g. following an accident):

  • Initial consultation
  • Support measures
  • Free-time activities
  • Studying and organising your studies
  • Self-awareness groups

BeRef – Autonomous office for students with a disability or chronic illness

Jobs and finances

Financing your studies

  • Information about available options for financing your studies
  • Analysis of your own situation, financial plan (potentially including sources of funding other than loans)
  • Information on various scholarships and loans (government and personal loans)

Financing your studies (in German)

BAföG office

  • Advice on BAföG eligibility
  • Assistance completing the application form
  • Assistance submitting documents

BAföG office (in German)

Social counselling

  • Advice on and support regarding various social benefits available to first-semester students, part-time students, students on leave of absence
  • Students who are parents: Overall assessment of and advice on interrelated social benefits
  • Jobs: Social security, taxes, paid jobs, etc.
  • Not eligible for BAföG: Housing allowance assessments based on various financial situations
  • Statutory health insurance
  • Study fees and television and radio licence fees

Social counselling (in German)

Student housing

Student housing department (Studentenwerk Oldenburg)

  • Accommodation in Studentenwerk complexes
  • Information about the application process

Living in Oldenburg (in German)

Student council housing

  • Homeshare” accommodation project
  • All you need to know about finding accommodation
  • Accommodation-related advice and information (problems with landlords, etc.)

Student council housing (in German)

Studying with a family

Family service

Information and personalised advice for prospective students

  • With children
  • Who are pregnant/expecting fathers
  • Who are responsible for the long-term care of close relatives

Information and advice for the above-mentioned groups regarding

  • The organisation and financing of your studies
  • The available support measures and hardship provisions
  • Networking possibilities
  • Childcare facilities
  • Practical help, laws and internal regulations to help you achieve a good balance between care responsibilities and studying

Family service

Information for refugees

Refugees who are interested in studying

  • Advice for refugees who are interested in studying
  • Participants of the orientation year (programme to prepare refugees for higher education in Germany)

International Office (IO)

Student council’s assistance for refugee students

  • Information about studying and the university (finding a place to live, planning your studies, Stud.IP, financing, etc.)
  • Information about integration and participation opportunities at the university
  • Language support (e.g. writing/filling in applications)
  • Information about (language) support programmes offered by the university (learning and writing workshops, buddy programme, tandem partners, etc.)
  • Support and mediation in (asylum) legal procedures (where possible)
  • Other study-related issues (e.g. support for a project idea at the university)
  • If necessary, referral to other counselling services both at and outside the University (the Student Council’s social counselling service, psychological counselling service, asylum support centres, etc.)

Student council’s assistance for refugee students (in German)

HGAS - University group of international students

  • General information and advice for international students at the University of Oldenburg
  • Legal advice on visas/residence permits, accommodation and employment laws
  • Seminars and events on issues regarding foreign nationals
  • Support for international students with their projects or events
  • Promotion of good relations between international and German students and citizens
  • Advice on social problems faced by international students

HGAS (in German)

(Changed: 19 Jan 2024)  | 
Zum Seitananfang scrollen Scroll to the top of the page