Fields of Research
Fields of Research
- Heterogeneous catalyzed gas and liquid phase reactions in flow and gas recycle reactors.
- Heterogeneous catalyzed rearrangement reactions in liquid phase
- Hydroamination of alcohols
- Conversion of methyl butynol for detemination of basic and acidic properties of oxidic catalysts
- Characterization of active centres on heterogeneous catalysts
- Modification of silicious surfaces
- Developement and characterization of mono and bifunctional catalysts on the basis of zeolites, SiO2, Al2O3 and layered silicates.
- Developement of inorganic-organic composite materials for use in material seperation and catalysis.
DRIFT spectroscopy for quantitative analysis of sorption of aromatic amino acids on ion exchangers with styrol divinylbenzene copolymer matrix.
- Investigation of the catalytic activity by methyl butynol testreaction (MBOH).
- Determination of the hydrophilicity of silicalistic materials by hydrophobicity index (HI).
- With bifunctional reactions hydrogen is activated on the metal and diffuses on the surface to the acidic centre, where the carbon hydrate conversiontakes place (i.e. the hydroisomerization of n-hexane). Due to the mobility of the activated hydrogen it is possible to create the bifunctional catalyst by mixing of the metallic (metal on support) and the acidic component (H-zeolite). The component metal/support can be seperately pre-treated from the zeolite, so that the metal is constrictedly accessible for catalyst poisons, but furthermore active for hydrogen activation.
Extended model of bifunctional catalysis
Synthesis of zeolites with CdS and ZnS nanoparticles in the pore structure.
DRIFT investigations of the solid state ion exchange on selected examples in different temperature ranges.
Temperature-programmed H2/CO evolution for investigation of the chemisorption and the physisorption behaviour, respectively.
DRIFT measurements of H-beta zeolites subsequent to a H2S treatment
Surface determination and pore size distribution according to BET.
Temperature-programmed reduction (TPR), oxidation (TPO) and hydrogen evolution (TPHE).
Temperature-programmed Ammonia desorption (TPAD) for acidic centre characterization.
Diffuse reflectance UV/Vis spectroscopy.
Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC).
NH3-TPD profile on NaH-beta zeolites