Please write a short mail or call me to set a date for a meeting in person or online.
In case of urgent issues during my absence, please contact .
Flyer BSc Umweltwissenschaften Studiengangsflyer mit allgemeinen Infos zum BSc Umweltwissenschaften
HIT BSc Umweltwissenschaften Hochschulinformationstag 2023 - Fachvorstellung BSc Umweltwissenschaften
Info Modulwahl 2023 Studiengangsinfo für Studierende im 2. Semester
Info Kontaktpraktikum & Bachelorarbeit 2023 Studiengangsinfo für Studierende im 4.-6. Semester
O-Woche BSc Umweltwissenschaften Studiengangsvorstellung in der Orientierungswoche 2023
Studiengangsinfo WS22/23 Infoveranstaltung im 1. Semester
Environmental Sciences (B.Sc.)
- Final degree: Bachelor of Science
- Duration: 3 years (6 semesters)
- Course start: annual in the winter semester
- Language: German, single courses in English
- Restricted admission: ~120 places
The Bachelor programme Environmental Sciences provides a first profound insight into the fields environment, science and environmental planning. Students gain a broad knowledge in the basic mathematical and scientific principles of marine and terrestrial ecosystems. They can expand their knowledge either in the fields of environmental sciences, modelling, chemical analysis, landscape ecology, planning or microbiology.
The study course introduces up to date scholarly work and provides information on current environmental problems and possible solution strategies.
The study programme is based on a thorough, comprehensive education in mathematics and natural sciences (1st year, 63 credit points). The following elective and accentuation modules (2nd and 3rd year, 57 credit points) can be selected from a wide range of specialist subjects. The individual study profile is complemented by general or subject-specific professionalisation modules (30 credit points). Further components of the study are a contact internship and the bachelor thesis (15 credit points each).
- Aim of the study programme is the acquisition of specialized knowledge, methodical-practical skills as well as subject-related and social competences in the field of environmental sciences, which meet the requirements of scientific work and qualified professional activities. Students are empowered to critically evaluate scientific findings, to form substantiated opinions on topics relevant to environmental sciences and to derive problem-related, responsible actions.
- Graduates possess an individual qualification profile in interdisciplinary environmental sciences. They are able to carry out professions particularly in the areas of environmental research, planning and management. They are able to take consecutive and postgraduate courses which allow them to enter scientific careers or professional activities.
- The program supports a broad social commitment of the students through extensive possibilities to organize the courses and the professional diversity and interdisciplinary nature of the education.
For more detailed information on the B.Sc. Environmental Sciences / „Umweltwissenschaften”, please switch to the German version of the webpage.