Environmental Sciences (B.Sc.)
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Science
- Duration: 3 years (6 semesters)
- Course start: annual (winter semester)
- Language: German
The Bachelor programme Environmental Sciences provides students with a first profound insight into the fields environment, science and environmental planning. Students gain a broad knowledge on the basic mathematical and scientific principles of marine and terrestrial ecosystems. They can expand their knowledge either in the fields of environmental sciences, modelling, chemical analysis, landscape ecology, planning or microbiology.
The study course introduces up to date scholarly work and provides information on current environmental problems and possible solution strategies.
The study programme is based on a thorough, comprehensive education in mathematics and natural sciences (1st year, 63 credit points). The following elective and accentuation modules (2nd and 3rd year, 57 credit points) can be selected from a wide range of specialist subjects. The individual study profile is complemented by general or subject-specific professionalization modules (30 credit points). Further components of the study are a contact internship and the bachelor thesis (15 credit points each).
- Aim of the study programme is the acquisition of specialized knowledge, methodical-practical skills and subject-related and social competences in the field of environmental sciences, which meet the requirements of scientific work and qualified professional activities. Students are empowered to critically evaluate scientific findings, to form substantiated opinions on topics relevant to environmental sciences and to derive problem-related, responsible actions.
- Graduates possess an individual qualification profile in interdisciplinary environmental sciences. They are able to perform occupations particularly in the areas of environmental research, planning and management. They are able to take consecutive and postgraduate courses which allow them to enter scientific careers or professional activities.
- The program supports a broad social commitment of the students through extensive possibilities to organize the courses and the professional diversity and interdisciplinary nature of the education.
For more detailed Information on BSc Environmental Sciences/Umweltwissenschaften, please switch to the German version of the web pages.