A PhD student position (salary level E-13 TV-L, 65%, for 3 years, m/f/d) is open in the Junior Research Group led by Dr. Dmitry Momotenko at the Chemistry Department at Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Germany, within the framework of the research training programme “DyNano – Dynamics on the Nanoscale, from coherent elementary processes to functionality”.
Within this project, plasmonic structures will be fabricated by high-resolution electrochemical 3D printing techniques. These structures will be subsequently characterized optically and electrochemically. The project requires practical expertise in electrochemistry and spectroscopy. The candidate will also act as a tutor in instrumental laboratory courses of the chemistry programs at the university.
- completed MSc. in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or related discipline
- good communication skills, high level of spoken and written English
- practical and theoretical knowledge in electrochemistry, spectroscopic and material characterization techniques
- readiness to collaborate with other researchers, in particular, with colleagues from the Department of Physics at the University of Oldenburg.
- communication skills in German language
- experience with micro- or nanoelectrochemical techniques.
Your application, submitted as one file must include
- cover letter or statement of motivation
- CV, which should contain names, positions and contact information of two references
- a list of publications (if any)
- copies of certificates and diploma supplements (with marks and credit points)
- list of completed laboratory courses and independent research projects.
- salary according to the E 13 TV-L 65% level for 3 years
- excellent research infrastructure with state-of-the-art instrumentation
- dynamic group atmosphere
- collaborative environment
The University of Oldenburg is an equal opportunity employer that strives to increase the percentage of female employees in research and encourages applications from female candidates who will be preferred when equally qualified according to § 21 Abs. 3 NHG. Handicapped applicants will be given preference in case of equal qualifications.
The position is open until filled, but application will be accepted at least until 1st of December 2023. Application documents should be submitted (preferably via e-mail as a single pdf file) to Dr. Dmitry Momotenko, Chemistry Department, School of Mathematics and Sciences, Universität of Oldenburg, D-26111 Oldenburg.
For further inquiries please contact Dr. Momotenko at .