- (2018): “Fuel Choice and Fuel Demand Elasticities in Markets with Flex-fuel Vehicles”
Nature Energy 3, 582-588.
- (2017): “Bailing On The Car That Wasn't Bailed Out: Bounding Consumer Reactions to Financial Distress”,
with Nikita Koptyug
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy 26 (2), 337-374.
- (2014): “The Market Impact and the Cost of Environmental Policy: Evidence from the Swedish Green Car Rebate”, with Claudio Lucinda
Economic Journal 124, F393-419 (lead article).
Featured in LSE's European Politics and Policy blog
- (2013): “Build It, But Will They Come? Evidence from Consumer Choice Between Gasoline and Sugarcane Ethanol”, with Alberto Salvo
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 66, 251-279.
(top field in Environmental Economics)
Featured in Folha de São Paulo
- (2012): “Does Product Differentiation Soften Price Reactions to Entry? Evidence from the Airline Industry”, with Alessandro Oliveira
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy 46 (2), 189-204
- (2011): “Is Arbitrage Tying the Price of Ethanol to that of Gasoline? Evidence from the Uptake of the Flexible-Fuel Technology”, with Alberto Salvo
Energy Journal 32 (3), 119-148.
- (2011): “Term Structure Modelling with Observable State Variables”
Journal of Banking and Finance 35 (12), 3240-3252.
- (2009): “Localized Competitive Advantage and Price Reactions to Entry: Full-Service vs. Low-Cost Airlines in Recently Liberalized Emerging Markets”, with Alessandro Oliveira
Transportation Research E: Logistics and Transportation Review 45 (2), 307-320.
- (2007): “Investigating Business Traveller Heterogeneity: Low-Cost vs Full-Service Airline Users?”,
with Fabio Evangelho
Transportation Research E: Logistics and Transportation Review 43 (3), 259-268.
(Most downloaded article from the journal's website in 2007:Q1, top 10 in 2007.)
- (2005): “Market Entry of a Low-Cost Airline and Impacts on the Brazilian Business Travellers”,
with Fabio Evangelho and Alexandre Linhares
Journal of Air Transport Management 11 (2), 99-105.
- “Growth of the Middle Class: Meeting the Challenges”, with Claudio Lucinda,
In: DATAGRO (Org.) Global Agribusiness Forum Academy - GAF Academy, Sao Paulo, 2014.
- “Estimation and Identification of Demand and Supply”, with Alberto Salvo (in Portuguese),
In: Quantitative Methods Applied to Antitrust and Regulation, eds. Eduardo P. S. Fiuza and Ronaldo S. da Motta. (Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada, IPEA). Brasília: SDE (Ministry of Justice), 2006