- Please contact us preferably by e-mail to one of the addresses below. Primarily, please contact our support address email@example.com.
- If you wish to contact us by phone, please call us at the numbers listed below. Alternatively, you can e-mail us to arrange an appointment for a telefone call.
- Our usual office hours are from 9am to 5:30pm. If we are not available, you can always reach us by mail.
HPC Introductions at the University of Oldenburg
HPC Introductory Course (Workshop)
Introduction to HPC
The HPC introductory course is a workshop for all current and future users of the HPC cluster. On usually three days basic and advanced knowledge for the use of the cluster will be provided and practically tested. The workshops takes place regularly once per semester during the semester break. Upcoming dates and links to current courses, as well as slides and exercises from previous courses can be found in the Wiki.
Registration via Stud.IP is welcome and makes course planning easier for us. If you have any problems with the registration process or should you have general questions, please feel free to contact us via .
The course language is generally English.
Lecture: Introduction to High-Performance Computing
Once a year a lecture on HPC computing takes place, which is rewarded with 3 CP.
Registration via Stud.IP is required.
(Title: 'Lecture: Introduction to High-Performance Computing')
- Using HPC Clusters
- Parallel Programming Models
- Introduction to MPI
- Introduction to OpenMP
- Using Matlab Distributed Compute Server (MDCS)
- GPU computing
- Data Storage and Management
Prerequisites for this are knowledge of a programming language (e.g. C++, Fortran) as well as basic knowledge of mathematics and natural sciences.
Here, too, the course language will usually be English.
Further information can also be found in the Wiki.
Apart from the courses offered within the University of Oldenburg, external training courses can also be good alternatives. Some external HPC groups, which also offer some courses, are listed below as examples (you can find the course via the linked pages):
- Nationales Hochleistungsrechnen (NHR): course program
- Norddeutscher Verbund für Hoch- und Höchstleistungsrechnen (HLRN): www.hlrn.de/
- Location Göttingen/GWDG: https://www.gwdg.de/web/guest/hpc-on-campus/hlrn
- Location Berlin/ZIB: https://www.zib.de/nhr
- High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS): course program
- Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PACE bzw. PRACE): Training and Support