FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Due to the current situation, the exchange with the HPC team is currently limited:
- Please contact us by e-mail to one of the addresses below. Primarily, please contact our support address email@example.com.
- We are currently not available by telephone. However, if you urgently need a personal conversation, we will be happy to call you back after consultation.
- Until further notice, we are not personally present in the office.
Members of the University Oldenburg have access to a central high-performance compute (HPC) cluster, which is maintained and operated by IT services. The technical specifications of the current HPC system can be found under HPC facilities.
- I would like to use the HPC Cluster, whom should I contact?
In order to use the HPC cluster you have to request an account, which typically is ready to use in 1-2 days.
- I have an account, what should I do next?
The first you should do is to read the documentation in the HPC Wiki, that answers many questions about the usuage of the cluster.
- Where can I get additional information?
You are more than welcome to contact our scientific computing staff, alternatively your colleagues may be able to help you as well. There is also a regularly changing range of courses available, where you can learn more about using a HPC Cluster for your projects. Additionally, you can find nearly everything important regarding the HPC on our Wiki. There, you can find another FAQ which is more detailed than this short introductory FAQ.
- Which applications are available on the HPC cluster?
There is a long list which is displayed on the cluster by the command software wiki
- My favourite application is not installed on the cluster, what now?
In this case, open a ticket by sending an e-mail to hpcsp4gchupportyt(at
firstname.lastname@example.org) in which you provide further information and requirements for the corresponding software.