Due to the current situation, the exchange with the HPC team is currently limited:
- Please contact us by e-mail to one of the addresses below. Primarily, please contact our support address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are currently not available by telephone. However, if you urgently need a personal conversation, we will be happy to call you back after consultation.
- Until further notice, we are not personally present in the office.
At the moment, there are two high performance computing systems available for scientific computing at the University of Oldenburg:
- CARL (327 compute nodes, 7.640 cores, 77 TB of RAM, 271 TFlop/s maximum theoretical performance) which is funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) and the Ministry of Science and Culture (MWK) of the State Lower-Saxony. The System will be used to conduct fundamental research mainly in the areas of Quantum Chemistry and Quantum Dynamics, Theoretical Physics, the Neurosciences (including Hearing Research), Oceanic and Marine Research, and Biodiversity.
- EDDY (244 compute nodes, 5.856 cores, 21 TB of RAM, 201 TFlop/s maximum theoretical performance) was founded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Enegery (BMWi) is used to perform challenging Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) calculations in wind energy research.
Both systems are maintained and operated by the IT Services of the University of Oldenburg.