Facets of Research at ICBM
The PhD Research Training Group EcoMol - Scientific Education
The scientific world requires highly qualified young scientists. The PhD Research Training Group EcoMol (The ecology of molecules) supports the education of the PhD students through providing an excellent research environment and offering introductory and advanced training courses.
The comprehensive concept improves the qualifications of the doctoral students and facilitates their development into leading researchers of the future. Doctoral candidates will be prepared for taking over leading positions in research, management and policy, technology development, or consulting and education.
The aims of the Research Training Group (RTG) are to
- develop profound disciplinary knowledge and foster interdisciplinary thinking,
- apply knowledge to practice,
- build a strong personal career profile by defining professional goals and obtaining a broad range of work related transferable skills.
- support the formation of networks with experts,
- foster international awareness and visibility,
To achieve these goals
- all PhD candidates will be supervised by thesis committees
- the RTG offers of a specific course programme for doctoral candidates
- all students get access to the unique and state of the art research infrastructure at ICBM
Cornerstones of the doctoral education in EcoMol are the monthly seminars, the EcoMol specific scientific lectures and the courses in the accompanying OLTECH graduate school.