Module Sustainable Venturing
Module Sustainable Venturing
Responsible: apl. Prof. Dr. Klaus Fichter, Kim Parohl, Anne Seela
Target Group: Mastercourses WiRe & SEM, Master Management Consulting, Master Business Information Systems
This module is intended for students interested in start-ups and innovative solutions in the field of sustainable economics. Those in the SEM Master's Programme may choose this module to satisfy the elective module 4 requirement.
The main focus of the Eco-Venturing module is to develop entrepreneurial competencies for the realisation of environmental innovations and sustainable business models. Guided by the lecturers, participants will work together with selected regional business partners who are both economically successful and contribute to the protection of the environment and the climate, to promote sustainable start-up concepts, including:
- the ability to identify new solution needs in the context of sustainable development and the Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations,
- knowledge and skills of sustainability-oriented idea generation and evaluation,
- knowledge and skills for entrepreneurial development and implementation of innovative solutions,
- knowledge and skills to systematically link economic (Eco-nomical) and ecological (Eco-logical) objectives as well as
- the ability to strategically develop "green" business areas and markets.
The entrepreneurial development and implementation of environmental innovations can refer to the foundation of new companies and organizations as well as to the development of new solutions and business ideas within established companies and organizations (Corporate Venturing).
In the winter term 2021/22, we are returning to a mix of different practice partners. At the kick-off, the following companies will present themselves, their business field and the challenge for the semester.
- BÜFA - GmbH & Co. KG (Oldenburg): solverde - sustainable cleaning solutions
- CEWE Stiftung & Co. KGaA (Oldenburg): Sustainable Business Model for CEWE Wall Art
- HAIP solutions GmbH (Hannover): Hyperspectral cameras for recycling, agriculture, environmental monitoring
- kompackt61 GmbH (Wiesmoor): Sustainable cooling logistics - cooling elements made from marine plastic
- Purpose Products GmbH (Oldenburg): teethlovers - Toothpaste powder
- Supazone UG (Lilienthal): Platform for sustainable packaging solutions (B2B)
- vertikali GmbH (Oldenburg): immerbunt
Following sessions are part of the module:
|15:15 – 15:45||online, über StudIP|
Kick-off and Input sessionI
|09:00 – 18:00||on the event area of ZUKUNFT.unternehmen|
14-day input sessions: selected tools and methods of sustainable business model development, individual project work, coaching
|14:15 – 17:45||online, über Stud.IP|
|16.12.2021||Interim presentation with peer feedback (without assessment)||14:15– 17:45||online, über Stud.IP|
individual project work and coaching
|14:00 – 18:00||on the event area of CORE Oldenburg|
|31.03.2022||Submission of project reports|
Assessment: Final presentation and project report (group work)
All changes will be announced on Stud.IP only!