BSc and MSc theses / Internships
We are searching for a research assistant (Studentische Hilfskraft), mostly for conducting experiments!
We offer BSc and MSc thesis topics for students from the Neuroscience, Hearing Technology and Audiology, Physics Technology and Medicine, Physics, Engineering Physics, and Mathemathics programmes:
- Bimodal cochlear implants: Optimize the interaction of a hearing aid in one ear and a cochlear implant in the other ear as part of a project with the ENT clinic and a CI manufacturer.
- Binaural hearing in stroke patients: How ischemic stroke lesions affect spatial hearing
- Back-end modelling: How the response of mid-brain neurons relates to auditory perception
- Modeling the detrimental influence “bad electrodes” in cochlear implant subjects (together with Volker Hohmann)
- Binaural hearing in normal hearing subjects: analytic modelling
Besides the here listed topics, other BSc or MSc projects can often be arranged for students of the above-mentioned programmes. We are looking forward to talk to interested students. Please contact Prof. Mathias Dietz for more information.
Current Bachelor theses
|2020||Jakob Dießel||to be announced|
|2020||Marten Jürgens|| |
to be announced
Finished Master theses
|2020||Lea Jung||Comparison of different measurement techniques for tonotopic matching between left and right cochlear implants|
|2019||Helen Heinermann||The frequency limit of interaural phase difference perception: Behavioral data and modeling|
|2019||Kristin Isabel Bracklo||Dependence of binaural masking thresholds on bandwidth and interaural time delay|
|2018||Lisa Schmors||Modeling Sound Lateralization Based on Interaural Time Differences Using Spiking Neural Networks|