Head of Division:
Post Doc Cancer Epidemiology
We will hire a post doc in cancer epidemiology for a 3 year period, extension to 6 years is possible. The person will lead the unit of cancer epidemiology within the Division of Epidemiology and Biometry. We have ongoing cooperations with the Lower Saxony Epidemiological Cancer Registry, the DGAV /clinical registries in visceral surgery, cancer epidemiology at our partner university in Groningen, clinical departments in the area, as well as a number of other partners, with good data access and a realistic perspective to finish a habilitation thesis within a reasonable time period.
The position also entails teaching, such as within the medical curriculum, and back up consultation for the medical ethics committee. The postdoc will have the chance to strengthen/develop his/her own research focus of choice within a number of potential themes.
The following is required
- PhD / "Promotion" in epidemiology, biometry, or related field
- Advanced skills in biometrical methods and statistical programming
- Reasonable publication record
- Good knowledge of English (written, spoken)
- Strong demonstrated interest in cancer epidemiology /cancer care
- Team oriented self efficient working style
Also nice to have
- A background (BSc, MSc, diploma) in statistics, mathematics or medicine / oncology
- Knowledge in spatial analyses or other specific techniques useful for cancer research
- Experience in working with routine data and registries
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in German or the ability/preparedness to learn German on the job
For further enquiry contact me at .
Application in English is welcome. Please send cover letter, CV and relevant documents to , before March 16, 2020.