Niklas Ellerich-Groppe M.A.
Niklas Ellerich-Groppe M.A.
Niklas Ellerich-Groppe studied Social Work (B.A.) and Educational Science (M.A.) as well as Protestant Theology. After student assistant positions at the Institute for Educational Science at the University of Osnabrück and at the Institute for Ethics and Associated Social Sciences at the University of Münster as well as a position as associate lecturer at the University of Osnabrück, he has been working as a research associate in the Division for Ethics in Medicine since September 2019.
His research interests lie in the area of digitalization of healthcare. Furthermore, he works on diversity in healthcare as well as the concept of solidarity as (bio)ethical and moralphilosophical category. Throughout his work, he pursues an interdisciplinary approach and combines social science, philosophical and theological perspectives with methods of empirical social research. Here, he focuses especially on qualitative research methods and on interview research as well as discourse analysis in particular. Beside his PhD-project, he is particularly involved in the PRISMAE-project and the DiAStereo-project.
|Since 09/2019||Research Assistant in the Division for Ethics in medicine at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg|
|Summer Term 2019|
Summer Term 2020
|Associate Lecturer at the Institute for Educational Science at Osnabrück University|
|04/2017-09/2019||Student Assistant at the Institute for Ethics and Associated Social Sciences at the University of Münster|
|04/2017-06/2018||Student Assistant at the Institute for Educational Science at Osnabrück University|
|09/2018||Master of Arts - Educational Science, Osnabrück University|
|08/2016||Bachelor of Arts - Social Work (Catholic University of Applied Sciences, Münster)|
- Solidarity as a (bio)ethical and moral-philosophical category
- Theories of Justice
- Digitalization and technologization of health care
- Political philosophy and theories of the welfare state
- Philosophy of education
- Qualitative social research
- Weßel, Merle; Ellerich-Groppe, Niklas; Schweda, Mark (2021): Gender Stereotyping of Robotic Systems in Eldercare: An Exploratory Analysis of Ethical Problems and Possible Solutions. International Journal of Social Robotics.https://doi.org/10.1007/s12369-021-00854-x.
- Ellerich-Groppe, Niklas (2021): Zwischen neuer Solidarität und Entsolidarisierung – Der Sozialstaat angesichts des digitalen Wandels. Zeitschrift für Politikwissenschaft.https://doi.org/10.1007/s41358-021-00300-4.
- Ellerich-Groppe, Niklas; Pfaller, Larissa; Schweda, Mark (2021): Young for old: old for young? Ethical perspectives on intergenerational solidarity and responsibility in public discourses on COVID-19. European Journal of Ageing 18, 159-171. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10433-021-00623-9 .
- Ellerich-Groppe, Niklas; Schweda, Mark; Pfaller, Larissa (2020): #StayHomeForGrandma – Towards an Analysis of Intergenerational Solidarity and Responsibility in the Coronavirus Pandemic. Social Sciences & Humanities Open 2(1), 100085. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssaho.2020.100085 .
Conference Contributions (selection)
- Ellerich-Groppe, Niklas: Self-tracking as a Threat to Solidarity Healthcare? A Power-sensitive Approach towards Solidarity in Digitalized Health Care. Talk at the EACME Conference 2021, 10 September 2021, hybrid.
- Ellerich-Groppe, Niklas; Weßel, Merle; Schweda, Mark: Stereotyping in Robotic Care: An Ethical Analysis of Vulnerabilities among Older People in Digitalized Care Settings. Talk at the EACME Conference 2021, 09 September 2021, hybrid.
- Steckdaub-Muller, Irmgard; Pfaller, Larissa; Ellerich-Groppe, Niklas; Schweda Mark: „Bring Corona nicht zur Oma.“ Zur Verhandlung der „Risikogruppe der Älteren“ in Diskursen um intergenerationelle Solidarität und Verantwortung. Talk in the Ad-hoc-group „Von alten und neuen Risikogruppen: (Globale) Personenkategorien und die Corona-Pandemie“ at the joint congress of DGS and ÖGS, 25 August 2021, hybrid.
- Ellerich-Groppe, Niklas*; Weßel, Merle*; Koppelin, Frauke; Schweda, Mark: An Ethical Perspective on Gender Stereotyping and Queering in Care Robotics. Video talk at the workshop “GENDERING ROBOTS: Ongoing (Re)configurations of Gender in Robotics” hold at RO-MAN ’21, 12 August 2021. (*shared first-authorship)
- Ellerich-Groppe, Niklas; Weßel, Merle; Schweda, Mark: Queering Robots for a Good Life? An Ethical Analysis of Stereotypes in Social Robotics for Aged Care. Talk at the workshop "Social Robotics and the Good Life" at IZEW Tübingen, 13 May 2021, online.
- Ellerich-Groppe, Niklas; Weßel, Merle; Schweda, Mark: Stereotype Roboter - stereotype Lebensqualität? Perspektiven einer diversitätsbewussten Pflegerobotik und Lebensqualitätskonzeption. Talk at the virtual annual conference of the Akademie für Ethik in der Medizin, September 25, 2020.
For this talk Niklas Ellerich-Groppe was awarded the price of the Akademie für Ethik in der Medizin for the best free talk.