Head of working group
AG Hydrogeologie/ Landschaftswasserhaushalt
IBU, Fk. V, Gebäude A1
Carl von Ossietzky Universität
Raum: A1 1-130
Tel.: ++49 (0) 441 / 798 - 4236
Fax: ++49 (0) 441 / 798 -3769
The main emphasis our research is to gain an understanding on complex hydrodynamic and hydrochemical processes in the aquatic environment, in particular surface water-groundwater exchange, water-rock interaction, water and solute fluxes at both medium to landscape scale as well as the behavior of pollutants in groundwater. Ein Special emphasis is on coastal hydrogeology and investigations at the land-sea interface. Additionally, we are interested in the role of water in ecosystems, in particular its interactions with soils and vegetation. For this purpose, we carry out field investigations, experimental work and analysis in the laboratory accompanied by numerical modeling.
- Rezwana Binte Delwar: "Exploring the phenomena of fingering flow in the subterranean estuary as a multiplier for the iron curtain and reactive transport processes"
- Patrick Hähnel: PhD work is carried out in the WAKOS Projekt
- Nele Grünenbaum: "Spatial and temporal variability of submarine groundwater discharge on barrier islands"
- Kilian Loesch (Landwirtschaftskammer Niedersachsen): "Der Einfluss von waldbaulichen Umbaumaßnahmen auf den Bodenwasserhaushalt an nährstoffarmen und grundwasserfernen Kiefernstandorten in niederschlagsarmen Regionen Niedersachsens"
- Anne Mehrtens: "From Manure to Groundwater - The Fate of Veterinary Pharmaceuticals within the Aquatic Environment"
- Tobias Holt (2020): "Hydrogeological evolution and dynamics of a young barrier island (Ostplate Spiekeroog)"
- Stephan Seibert (2019): "Hydrogeochemical Processes in a Barrier Island Aquifer (Spiekeroog, Northwest Germany)"
- Thi Thuy Hang Nham (2017): "Reactive transport modeling of organic trace compounds in groundwater"
- Victoria Burke (2014): "The impact of redox conditions on the attenuation of wastewater-derived organic micropollutants in groundwater"
- Tania Röper (2014): "Formation, Characterization and Groundwater Flow Patterns of a Barrier Island Freshwater Lens (Spiekeroog, Northwest Germany)"