Head of working group
AG Hydrogeologie/ Landschaftswasserhaushalt
IBU, Fk. V, Gebäude A1
Carl von Ossietzky Universität
Raum: A1 1-130
Tel.: ++49 (0) 441 / 798 - 4236
Fax: ++49 (0) 441 / 798 -3769
The main emphasis our research is to gain an understanding on complex hydrodynamic and hydrochemical processes in the aquatic environment, in particular surface water-groundwater exchange, water-rock interaction, water and solute fluxes at both medium to landscape scale as well as the behavior of pollutants in groundwater. Additionally, we are interested in the role of water in ecosystems, in particular its interactions with soils and vegetation. For this purpose, we carry out field investigations, experimental work and analysis in the laboratory accompanied by numerical modeling.
- Fingering flow in the subterranean estuary - A multiplier for the iron curtain and reactive transport processes?
- SPP Sea Level: Groundwater salinisation following sea level rise as a societal challenge of climate adaptation - The case of North-Western Germany
- TrinkWave: Operation strategies and technologies for water reuse to support drinking water supply in urban areas
- BIME: Assessment of ground- and porewater-derived nutrient fluxes into the German North Sea - Is there a "Barrier Island Mass Effect (BIME)"?
- Chronosequential initial evolution of soils and freshwater resources of a barrier island (example Ostplate Spiekeroog)
- Development of operating strategies for an improved removal of organic micropollutants during the process of bank filtration
- Redox sensitivity and long-term persistence of organic trace pollutants in groundwater: Wastewater-bound compounds
- Hatem Elmarami: "Eutrophierung ehemals oligotropher Geestseen in Niedersachsen und die Rolle der Wechselbeziehung zwischen Oberflächenwasser und Grundwasser"
- Nele Grünenbaum: "Spatial and temporal variability of submarine groundwater discharge on barrier islands"
- Anne Mehrtens: "From Manure to Groundwater -- The Fate of Veterinary Pharmaceuticals within the Aquatic Environment"
- Tobias Holt: "Hydrogeological evolution and dynamics of a young barrier island (Ostplate Spiekeroog)" (2020)
- Stephan Seibert: "Hydrochemical evolution of a young groundwater reservoir below a barrier island - from precipitation to groundwater discharge to the sea" (2019)
- Thi Thuy Hang Nham: "Reactive transport modeling of organic trace compounds in groundwater" (2017)
- Victoria Burke: "The impact of redox conditions on the attenuation of wastewater-derived organic micropollutants in groundwater" (2014)
- Tania Röper: "Formation, Characterization and Groundwater Flow Patterns of a Barrier Island Freshwater Lens (Spiekeroog, Northwest Germany)" (2014)