- Please contact us preferably by e-mail to one of the addresses below. Primarily, please contact our support address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to contact us by phone, please call us at the numbers listed below. Alternatively, you can e-mail us to arrange an appointment for a telefone call.
- Due to corona, we are currently not in the office on a daily basis.
The HPC-cluster ROSA is named after Rosalinde von Ossietzky-Palm, the daughter of Carl-von-Ossietzky, and is used as a multi-purpose compute cluster (MPC-cluster) in all areas of research at the University. ROSA is funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) and the Ministerium für Wissenschaft und Kultur of Lower Saxony (MWK) under the grand number INST 184/225-1 FUGG and replaces the prevoius system CARL. ROSA provides computational power for compute-intensive and data-driven research projects as fundamental equipment. Among other areas, the research questions come from the fields of:
- Quantum chemistry and quantum dynamics
- Molecular chemistry
- Theoretical physics
- Neuroscience (including hearing research)
- Ocean and marine research
- Computer science and informatics
Like its predecessor, ROSA will be operated by the IT services at the University's Data Center. The system is used by more than 30 research groups at the University. The required support for its use (e.g. training, expert advice, installation of application software) will be provided by the Scientific Computing division.
|GPUs||24x H100 94GB|
|Rpeak (GPU)|| |
Compute Node Configurations
|Node Type||Node Count||CPU||GPU||RAM|
2x AMD Genoa EPYC 9554
|MPC-GPU||6||4x Nvidia H100 94GB SXM||1024 GB|