We study from first principles the electronic, optical, and vibrational properties of organic semiconductors, in the gas-phase, in solution, and in their aggregated and crystalline forms.
Key questions in our studies concern the nature of the excitations in oranic materials and the role of charge transfer therein.
For this purpose, we use the methods of (time-dependent) density-functional theory and of many-body perturbation theory (GW/BSE).
- R. Schier, A. M. Valencia, and C. Cocchi, Microscopic Insight into the Electronic Structure of BCF-Doped Oligothiophenes from Ab initio Many-Body Theory, J. Phys. Chem. C 124, 14363–14370 (2020).
- A. E. Mansour, D. Lungwitz, T. Schultz, M. Arvind, A. M. Valencia, C. Cocchi, A. Opitz, D. Neher, and N. Koch, The optical signatures of molecular-doping induced polarons in poly(3-hexylthiophene-2,5-diyl): individual polymer chains versus aggregates, J. Chem. Mater. C 8, 2870 (2020).
- A. M. Valencia, M. Guerrini, and C. Cocchi, Ab initio modelling of local interfaces in doped organic semiconductors, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 22, 3527 (2020).
- A. M. Valencia and C. Cocchi, Electronic and optical properties of oligothiophene-F4TCNQ charge-transfer complexes: The role of donor conjugation length, J. Phys. Chem. C 129, 9317 (2019).
- M. Guerrini, C. Cocchi, A. Calzolari, D. Varsano, and S. Corni, Interplay between intra- and inter-molecular charge transfer in the optical excitations of J-aggregates, J. Phys. Chem. C 123, 6831 (2019).
- P. Beyer, D. Pham, C. Peter, N. Koch, E. Meister, W. Brütting, L. Grubert, S. Hecht, D. Nabok, C. Cocchi, C. Draxl, and A. Opitz, State of matter dependent charge transfer interactions between planar molecules for doping applications, Chem. Mater. 31, 1237 (2019).
- C. Cocchi, T. Breuer, G. Witte, and C. Draxl, Polarized absorbance and Davydov splitting in bulk and thin-film pentacene polymorphs, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 20, 29724 (2018).