Corona crisis: information for international students


Exchange coordination, Summer Course

Christine Trappe


Advisor for international exchange students (during their stay in Oldenburg)

Boris Pohl

+49-441 798-4846

Availability by phone
Tuesday 10–12.30 am and 14.30–16.30 pm
Thursday 10–12.30 am

Online office hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10–11 in our virtual meeting room (BigBlueButton)

Our team of tutors offers help and support with all general questions and about life in Oldenburg. The tutor team can be reached at

our facebook group International Students in Oldenburg

Apply for exchange studies in Oldenburg

You can apply either for summer semester (deadline is January 15) or for winter semester (deadline is July 15). Please send us your application after your home institution has nominated you for an exchange with the University of Oldenburg. Applications are accepted for both the summer and winter semesters.

Required documents

  1. Application for registration as an exchange student with proof of registration at your home institution (e.g. student ID card)
  2. Application for accommodation
  3. Registration for the buddy-programme (if desired)

You will receive your letter of admission by post with an information packet after the application deadline.

Forms for exchange students

Language Requirements

Students who want to attend German-taught courses are required to have a minimum language proficiency of level B1 (Common European Framework of Reference). Students who are planning on taking only English-taught courses are exempt from the German proficiency requirement. Instead they need to have an equivalent proficiency in English; the minimum level required is B1 (CEFR) resp. 4.0 (IELTS) resp. 42 (TOEFL-ibT) or 550/120/120 (TOEIC).

Application / Nomination deadlines

Summer semester: January 15
Winter semester: July 15

Entry Visa

Exchange students from non-EU countries should find out if they require an entry visa to enter Germany. Nationals of EU countries and some other countries (e.g. USA, Australia) do not require an entry visa.

German Embassy

Residence permit / visa

(Changed: 2021-06-15)