Student InfoLine

+49 (0)441 798-2728

Mo – Th 9.30 am to 4.00 pm

Fr 9.30 am to 1.30 pm

Service hours

Student Service Centre – A12

Mo – Th 9.30 am to 4.30 pm

Fr 9.30 am to 12.00 pm 

Netiquette for requests by e-mail

For personal enquiries please have your student ID or application number ready on hand.

Frequently asked questions for the Admissions Office

What happens if I lose my CampusCard?

If your CampusCard is lost or stolen, please immediately notify

  • the service desk at +49 (0)441 798-5555 or
  • use the card locking feature in Stud.IP under the menu My Profile > CampusCard 

Request a new card if necessary. As soon as the new card has been produced, you will be notified via email. If you have specified that you will pick up the card personally at the SSC, bring an ID card or a proxy.

The existing card will then be blocked for all systems.

If a card is found and still works, it can be unlocked so you can continue to use it, unless you already requested a replacement card.

The University of Oldenburg cannot be held liable if you lose your CampusCard. 

Further questions about the CampusCard

How can I get my enrolment certificate?

There are several options:

  • From Stud.IP:
    You can print your enrolment certificate directly under Study details (in Stud.IP next to Webmail).

I've moved. How can I change my address?

  • Via Stud.IP:
    You can change your address details directly under Study details (in Stud.IP next to webmail).

The updated address will be available to Division 3: Student and Academic Affairs (Admissions Office, Examinations Office, International Student Office) and the Library. Please make sure that you also inform other institutions of your address change (City of Oldenburg, health insurance, BAföG, etc.). 

When do I need to re-register by?

The following re-registration periods apply:

  • 1 - 31 July for the following winter semester
  • 15 January - 15 February for the following summer semester

The semester fees are listed here.
If you want to take a leave of absence for the next semester, please do this during the reregistration period. You will then only need to transfer the reduced fee, which you can find here

I have received a payment reminder although I have already paid the fee. What can I do?

If you have received a payment reminder and you have already paid, this could have happened for the following reasons:

  • The payment reminders were sent out at the same time your payment was received
  • You may have made an error in your enrolment number when transferring the fee
  • Technical error

If you receive a payment reminder in error, please contact the Admissions Office with evidence of your payment (bank statement or transfer confirmation) so that we can resolve this issue quickly.

I would like to take a leave of absence. What do I need to do?

You can take a leave of absence of up to 3 semesters without reason. If you would like to take a leave of absence beyond this limit, you must provide a justified reason, for which you need to provide evidence.

You must hand in your application for a leave of absence to the Admissions Office up to four weeks after the start of the lecture period. We recommend submitting your application during the reregistration period so that you do not receive any reminders or be deregistered for not reregistering.

BAFöG recipients must inform the Student Administration and Social Welfare Organisation (Studentenwerk) of their leave of absence at the earliest possible opportunity. During the leave of absence you may not attend courses or sit examinations. If you take an examination during your leave of absence, it will not be accredited. The examination will be considered as not taken! (Exception: examinations sat in another country may be accredited with the agreement of the examination committee).

A leave of absence cannot be taken while writing the bachelor's or master's thesis, as this is a form of assessment. Under these circumstances, a leave of absence will only be granted if an examination is taken while studying abroad. If the last examination is taken one month before the start of the lecture period, you can deregister retrospectively.

Further information: 

(Changed: 28 Mar 2024)  | 
Zum Seitananfang scrollen Scroll to the top of the page