Julie King, M.A.
Julie King, M.A.
Doctoral researcher within the research project Climate adaptation policy lock-ins: a 3x3 approach at the Institute of Ecological Economics.
- Climate change adaptation, primarily in sub-national and local policy
- Lock-in, path dependencies and transformation
- Climate change and mental health
- Sustainable regional development
|Since 07/2019||Doctoral researcher at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg in the in the DGF-funded project "Climate adaptation policy lock-ins: a 3x3 approach"|
|02/2018 – 06/2019||Project coordinator at the Metropolregion Nordwest in Delmenhorst in the funded project “E-Mobility as the Key to Mobility of the Future”|
|09/2016 – 01/2018||Project member at the Metropolregion Nordwest for the topics climate change and mobility|
|10/2014 – 04/2017||M. A. Sustainability Economics and Management, Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg. Thesis: Climate-adapted drainage of the Krummhörn (Ostfriesland): Survey of the local perceptions and problem awareness.|
|05/2014 – 09/2016||Student assistant at the Metropolregion Nordwest in the project “Coordination of municipal climate change adaptation", Delmenhorst.|
|10/2013 – 09/2014||Two semesters of Water and Coastal Management (MSc) at Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg|
|09/2012 – 06/2013||Fulbright Scholar and Teaching Assistant at the IGS Osterholz-Scharmbeck|
|10/2010 – 07/2011||Semester abroad at the University Bremen|
|08/2009 – 12/2009||Teaching Assistant in the Environmental Science Dept. of Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA, USA|
|08/2008 – 05/2012||B.A. in German Studies at Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA, USA|
Presentations and conference contributions
- “Locked in and heating up? Causal mechanisms in the case of adapting to heat stress in Bavaria, Germany”. Presentation at the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) General Conference 2021. September 1, 2021 (digital).
- “Climate Change and Public Health: Policy Lock-ins and the Case of Adapting to Heat Waves in Bavaria, Germany”. Presentation at the 5th International Conference on Public Policy 2021. July 6, 2021 (digital).
- "Sixteen Ways to Adapt: A Comparison of State-Level Climate Change Adaptation Strategies in the Federal States of Germany." Presentation at the 14. Jahrestagung des Forums Junge Staats-, Verwaltung- und Policy Forschung. February 25-26, 2021 (digital conference).
- "Adaptiveness - Changing Earth System Governance" Moderation of Panel Discussion at the 2020 Virtual Forum on Earth System Governance (digital conference).
- "Crashkurs Klimaanpassung" Presentation at the Regional Konferenz Klimaanpassung - gestern, heute, morgen der W.i.N. Region. March 4, 2020 (Syke, Germany).