Student Advisory Service
Head of Department
"Härtefall" applications for course enrollment
Click here for further information.
Further Advisory Services
- General information on studying in Oldenburg: InfoPortal Studium
- University Student Advisory Service: Zentrale Studienberatung
- BAföG (Auslandsbafög und Leistungsnachweis): BAfög-Amt Oldenburg;
- Counselling Service: PBS
- Long-term students: Projekt Endspurt
- Lernwerkstatt der ZSKB
- Language Centre / English Language Testing
- Information for visiting / exchange students
Student Advisory Service
Student Advisory Service for English and American Studies
Welcome to our website, where you can find a great deal of information on the Hows, Dos and Don'ts in the department! Whether you are already enrolled in one of our programmes or a future student interested in our courses, we will do our best to help you and answer any questions you may have relating to English and American Studies at Oldenburg University.
In addition to the information provided online all staff hold regular office hours where you can discuss questions face-to-face - check Stud.IP for dates and times. You may also contact academic staff by phone or e-mail.
Please find further links to advisory services below and in the column on the left.
- The departmental Student Advisory Services are meant for specific questions relating to English and American Studies. For more general enquiries the university offers a multitude of helpful platforms. We have collected the most relevant advisory services for questions that our students often ask. You can find the collection of links here.
- If you have any questions about the following topics, please consult the information we are already providing on this website:
- If you have a query that cannot be answered on this website or by any of the collected links and resources (see above), please contact the departmental student advisor ('Fachstudienberatung'), Anna Auguscik: in the office hours or via Email ().
- Reasons for contacting the departmental Student Advisory Services with individual enquiries:
- Degree programmes and their structure (BA, MEd, MA)
- Course registration and special considerations ('Härtefälle')
- Individual questions about the course programme schemes ('Studienverlaufspläne')
- Applications for studying part-time ('Teilzeitstudium')
- Documents for BAföG funding ('Leistungsbescheinigung')
- How and when to sign up for courses in the department
- School internship - overall coordination: Didaktisches Zentrum
- School internships in the department: Sylke Bakker
- Bachelor Programme: Martin Butler
- Master of Education Programme: Wolfgang Gehring
- Master English Studies Programme: Anton Kirchhofer
- Degree schemes (module progression)
- Stay Abroad:
- Coronavirus / Covid-19
- Information for students
- Official departmental stay abroad criteria
- Credit transfer
- News and forthcoming events
- Studying abroad: International Office
- Internships and work experience at home and abroad: Career Service (and here)